Any brand of 8800GTS better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Ordering a 8800GTS 640MB and planning on eVGA. I do not have much experience with video cards so was just looking for a thumbs up on eVGA or ideas on other brands. I won't bother buying an overclocked version, it seems simple enough to do it myself.

Any help is great :)

No, Video cards along with many other computer components are manufactured by a handful of companies and then renamed/rebranded else where. The only difference as you said, is that some or superoverclocked are pre overclocked.. The main thing to look at when buying is the brands customer support. And eVGA ranks up there...

/agree

With the step-up program and lifetime warranty I'll probably just stick with eVGA unless anyone has any other ideas.

EVGA FTW.....it's true that most cards like that are just same unless the company overclocked the cores for you.

I would go with EVGA just becuase they have the best customer service out there and the step-up plan is awesome.

ACTUALLY, if you wish to go with a pre oc'd gpu, then XFX has some great cards as well. They don't have the rep of evga, but I would trust them just as much.:snob:

Yea I would trust XFX as well....im sure BFG and ASUS and MSI blah blah make fine cards but XFX and EVGA have been making Nvidia cards forever and I would much rather go with one of those.

I just went with the eVGA 8800GTS, then 640MB model. I have also heard good things about BFG and XFX. I'm not sure how much better this card will be then my 7900GT, but I can at least hope it won't have the bad video ram :) hehe I'm hoping to be DONE with RMA's for a while.

just pick the one with the best sticker :p

seriously ive really never had to use customer support, thats why we have google ;)

Just be sure to order everything off newegg so you can return it for a full refund if it arrives DOA (dead on arrival)

I always have used EVGA or gainward cards. Too bad gainward hasnt come out with an 8800GTS monster. They are always making the cards 1.5 times as good as the stock versions. So, I reccomend EVGA>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom