Antec Vs. The new Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
I believe this would be a matter of personal taste. Yet I am still stuck at a decision.

The Antec Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Antec has always been a trusted brand and depsite that fact that I have yet to purcahse an Antec case, this case would be the trick. One thing the really appeals to me about this case is that it is already fully painted flat black/ gun metal on the inside of the case. Which is something I usually have to do myself.

Vs.

Abs El Diablo (ADV) Newegg.com - ABS Diablo ADV Black Finish + Titanium bezel Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

The predecessor of this case created some hype and backed it, I had been eyeballing it for a while. After I modded my raidmax to the max it lost it's appeal. then I caught wind of this case and had to have a look, Immediately it got my attention and I'm at a crossroads.

Airflow is obviously my #1 here from these choices. I don't feel like water cooling when both of these cases seem plenty sufficient for my overclocking needs.

Soo, in your opinions which one of these two takes the bait between looks, airflow, and functionality (cable management also)

thank you

Lol, both look to be killers as far as air flow goes....you might just want to look at personal preff at this point. I like the 1200...the diablo is a bit over the top for my taste but that's just me...I like simple, clean cases. Have you had a case with a front swing door before? Some people hate them.

What's your psu? the 1200 needs a long cord on the 24pin power, some psu's don't make it.

I don't like either I think there both ugly as anything with all those led fans :sick:. Both have more then adequate cooling and expandibility. I would go for the Antec I would expect build quality to be better then the no name brand. Don't suppose I could tempt you into getting a Lian li or silverstone case instead as they are the penn-ultimate cases imo.

Yes I can it looks cheap, the front is way to bulky for the needs and is made out of a solid chunk of plastic, I would imagine the door hinges are liable to break due to it being a weak plastic like pvc. Why on earth does the window have a handle??? if your going to open up your case that often get a tech bench. There is a distinct lack of subtle lines its all in your face black/silver with no apparent artistic ingenuity.

These are beautiful cases notice the subtleties in design very modern very minimalist
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC-B25B Black Case
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC-A7110B Black Full Tower Case
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li TYR PCX-500B Black Case
This is my case:
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li A71A Silver Full Case
This was my old one and about as loud and flashy as I would go (modded the top with a large one way mirror acrylic window, painted the inside blue mirror finished, silver accents on the inside mirror polished, polished the internals of the side/top panel to a mirror finish and installed 2 blue cathodes. Essentially once the cathodes were on you could see inside and the light was reflected off virtually every surface, when the lights were off it just appeared like a mirror installed on the panel)
Welcome to Thermaltake

Yes I can it looks cheap, the front is way to bulky for the needs and is made out of a solid chunk of plastic, I would imagine the door hinges are liable to break due to it being a weak plastic like pvc. Why on earth does the window have a handle??? if your going to open up your case that often get a tech bench. There is a distinct lack of subtle lines its all in your face black/silver with no apparent artistic ingenuity.

These are beautiful cases notice the subtleties in design very modern very minimalist
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC-B25B Black Case
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC-A7110B Black Full Tower Case
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li TYR PCX-500B Black Case
This is my case:
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li A71A Silver Full Case
This was my old one and about as loud and flashy as I would go (modded the top with a large one way mirror acrylic window, painted the inside blue mirror finished, silver accents on the inside mirror polished, polished the internals of the side/top panel to a mirror finish and installed 2 blue cathodes. Essentially once the cathodes were on you could see inside and the light was reflected off virtually every surface, when the lights were off it just appeared like a mirror installed on the panel)
Welcome to Thermaltake

Oh man...not those Lian Li cases being advertised again...ill throw in my 2 cents on this debate

1. The best hinge door case is probably the NXZT Zero, go to a frys and find one on display and open it up and try to break it off, you'll see why all the reviews say the hindge door is great

2. The apollo looks asthetically appealing but its too much on the disposable plastic side for my likings. To be honest I think the Thermaltake armor is the best in terms of offering a unique asthetic appeal look while maintaining the least amount of disposable camera plastic possible ( I hate bulky plastic case fronts of cases and prefer pure black stealth steel )

3. The lian Li cases are flat out ridiculous rip offs, I don't care what anyone says. Not only are they expensive, but if I wanted a case that looks like a outdated public high school computer case ( the "minimalist" look )...well then i would just go pluck one of those up for 5 bucks. If your buiding a nice custom rig, get something with a little more asthetic appeal that might actually get you a few more compliments at a lan party then a public high school computer case...ridiculous thats just my 2 cents.

dude Lian Li's are beautiful. Clean lines, brushed aluminum. High school computers are beige plastic that has yellowed from years of use.

Lian Li cases are well made and look great. They are very expensive but you get what you pay for.

Plus they don't have ridiculous stuff to make it look stupid like: LED's and stuff that a complete airhead would be appealed by "OOH its got LED's that must be a good case" ... give me a break lol

Personally, the Antec P182 is the sharpest looking case in my book, but Silverstone and Lian Li are right up there. The brushed aluminum makes them look amazing. Their top notch quality make make very easy to work in. Not everyone wants an Alienware type case, which has LEDS and offer poor performance.

IMO Alien Ware cases are fugly. Cheap plastic, and when you add all of that "styling" the case gets harder to use. I have worked with many cases that have odd plastic molding on top of the cheap steel box frame and it made things only harder to work with. I also think most tool less designs are inherently crummy and tend to fail after use. My case has tool less clips for the card slots and the drive bays. The drive bays work ok but the card slot clip has failed and I have gone back to screwing may cards in. I simply cant trust a flimsy peice of cheap metal to support my 4850 with an acellero on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom