Antec Skeleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueSeven

In Runtime
Doing some upgrading.

Hey all, im thinking about getting this case:

Newegg.com - Antec Skeleton Black ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

i really like the look and the ability to just go right into my motherboard. i was wondering a couple things though, im currently using an intel DX38BT motherboards, will it fit well on this? and will the graphics cards that are coming out lately even fit in there? im considering getting an 8800. What do you think? will it fit?

i'll also be using this fan:

Newegg.com - ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm 2-ball UFO Bearing / Transparent CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

edit: also could anyone give me advice on a good power supply around 700-750 watt, im currently using a 430 watt which, i assume, is barely enough to power my current rig (the x38, core 1 quad, 8600 gts, 2 hard drives, sound card, etc.), was thinking this one:

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Power Supplies

edit # 2: just thought i could probably get another gig of ram, i currently on 2 gig of Corsair ddr3, they only come in 2 gig packs and i really dont want 4 gigs of memory, would they be any negative effects if i were to buy a stick of kingston ddr3 ram?

this is what i have: Newegg.com - CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

this is what im thinking about adding: Newegg.com - Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

thanks for any help given, as always, i can usually count on the people here to help :D

eh, that radimax is kinda ugly, i like the colors but not the case design.

ill go for the antex 1200 just so i know ill have room for just about anything.

could i get some help with the RAM and PSU questions?

thanks a bunch for the case help.

eh, that radimax is kinda ugly, i like the colors but not the case design.

ill go for the antex 1200 just so i know ill have room for just about anything.

could i get some help with the RAM and PSU questions?

thanks a bunch for the case help.

Seeing you have DDR3 I'm guessing you have a 790i Ultra... which I highly do not recommend...

so drop the DDR3 and the 790i Ultra for a Biostar I45 and some G-skill 4gb Black

intel x38, thought i said that in the OP

and no, i dont have 64bit the OS's with 64 bit atm both suck and i dont do things like rendering or CAD or w.e, mostly just gaming and a little photoshop here and there, no need for anything over 3 gig since NOTHING will ever use all of that...

i like my MoBo atm, getting a new one is out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom