Antec nine hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Does anyone here use this case? Im particularly interested in hearing from people using it with a 8800 series card. I love the look of the case, but the power supply is mounted on the bottom. The way i forsee this, my power supply has a big fan sucking air out of the case from the bottom, and my 8800gtx will have a fan sucking air out that way. Both of these fans will be facing each other, so i think the power supply or more importantly the GTX will get hotter than needs be because of this. Anyone any experience of this?

The Nine Hundred was made so that the PSU at the bottom would give better airflow so don't really worry about the temps in that case...however an 8800GTX would be a very tight fit in a mid tower like that. The GTS is i believe 2 1/2 inches shorter and a lot of people have no problem with one but the GTX will be a tight fit. I recommend the Gigabyte Aurora for the same price as a Full Tower. It will give very similar results while being more roomier.

yeah the antec is a real eyesore, i couldn't imagine myself with it. Plus i liked the idea of the 200mm fan. The ventilation doesn't look quite as good on the aurora. I need a case that looks good, has TONS of mounting slots for 12cm fans, and the roomier the better. Ideas?

The Aurora is no doubt an amazing case for ventilation and the fans it has are plenty enough. It's not always the more fans the better, they design them and know whats best and don't worry about temps. The Aurora IMO looks pretty **** sick and has plenty of room. You could look at the Thermaltake armor series around that price range as well.

EDIT: I was going to say this as well...the CM Stacker has TONS of fans but they are very expensive and don't look that good either. Still pretty much the best case you can get for cooling. The Aurora 570 is also very very good cooling, a step up from the original if you want to look at it.

The Aurora is no doubt an amazing case for ventilation and the fans it has are plenty enough. It's not always the more fans the better, they design them and know whats best and don't worry about temps. The Aurora IMO looks pretty **** sick and has plenty of room. You could look at the Thermaltake armor series around that price range as well.

EDIT: I was going to say this as well...the CM Stacker has TONS of fans but they are very expensive and don't look that good either. Still pretty much the best case you can get for cooling. The Aurora 570 is also very very good cooling, a step up from the original if you want to look at it.

I agree....The gigabyte aurora is an amazing case....This would be my order-
Aurora>Antec P180>Antec 900>CM stacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom