Antec 650 Truepower Trio and 280GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandrad

Solid State Member
Will this PSU power the 280gtx?

Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W ATX12V NVIDIA SLI Certified ATI CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Power Supplies

I have it in my system now running and older 8800GTS. It has 1 6 pin PCI-E adapter and 1 6+2 pin PCIE.

I'm running a Q6600 at stock speed with 4gb ram and 2 hard drives.

I was looking at this Corsair PSU if I have to buy one.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Ready ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

But my motherboard has an 8 pin CPU adapter, and I'm confused as to whether either PSU will work. Any help would be great I'm not all that good with the PSU stuff and prefer not to buy one if the Antec will work, but if it won't, does the Corsair above have all the connections I would need for the 280 gtx?

Thanks guys!

Zedman, he already has the psu, he wants to know if he needs to upgrade. no, you don't need to upgrade quite yet. if you want to run another get the Corsair, but until then don't fret heh heh heh

That's awesome! I didn't think the Antec would push it but it really has been a great stable PSU.

I'm a little confused about the 8 pin config. I see the 280 GTX needs 1 6 pin and one 9 pin. Without gutting all the wires I tucked away on the PSU I think the only 8 pin was used on the motherboard. But the box says 1 6 pin PCI-E and 1 6+2 pin PCI-E. Then it lists CPU power as one standard 4 pin and one 8 pin. So I won't need to buy any weird 8 pin adapters or anything right?

Thanks again :)

You have an 8pin pci-e which breaks away into a 6pin, along with your regular 6pin pci-e.

You wont need any adapters/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom