Another ''What should i choose'' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Well, as some of you may know i make one of these posts every 3 or 4 months simply because im bad at makeing decisions, and its near christmas and i get money :p

Here it goes, which of these should i get:

Put my E6850 on ebay and buy a Q6600
Put my 8800GTS 320MB Overclocked on ebay and buy a 512MB 8800GTS (or GT ?)
Buy some good ram (£130 worth) and overclock my E6850
Buy a new good case because mine is crap (the front is bendy :) and its f-ugly)
Buy a 750GB hard drive because my 200GB is to small

Or anything else, my specs are as follows:

Acasa Zen case
E6850 @ 3Ghz
2GB 667mhz generic ram
BFG OC2 8800GTS 320
Hiper Type-M 550W PSU
P35C-DS3R
Western Digital 200GB

Any other reccomendations welcome !

Get some RAM and a new case. You can get 2GB of extremely good overclocking RAM for next to nothing now. The Antec 900 is a brilliant case that you should consider buying.

You can also consider getting a 500GB hard drive and JBODing it with your current HD for 700GB of storage for a very low price.

Yes, but im still confused as how i power all them fans when i only have 2 fan slots on my mobo. I know i can use my powersupply, but noone told me how :p

The fans are molex compatible. They cant plug into the mobo, they only work with a direct connection to the PSU. There is a three speed switch on the fan itself to change the RPM.

try overclocking your e6850 for now....

and ram isn't expensive. I just bought 2gb of 6400 Ballistix from the states for 33 quid shipped on ebay.

And there's another guy who always sells them for 36 shipped.

looking at your specs i cant see why you want to do a major upgrade to be honest!
I cant see you noticing any difference between a 3ghz E6850 and a 2.4 Q6600.
If you can only do one of the above from the list id do the case.

dude. buy some cheap ballistix and overclock...I can point you to somewhere where you can get 2gb of 6400 for 36-37 quid shipped. If you're interested pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom