Another Newb Building First Computer, Need Some Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, put a nice build together for you, way under budget. This can be tweaked.

Total comes to $522.49 after shipping, Doesn't include a DVD burner, mainly because all of the good ones are out of stock right now. That will add at most maybe 30 more bucks.

Now, we have some room to mess around. We can get you a better video card, we can throw in a dedicated sound card if you want a full receiver setup, we can get a better case, better PSU, etc. All the parts I have for you are solid already, but it's a matter of preference.

Coming through big again... I like it.

The case is simple and effective, not looking for anything flashy. I'm not going to use the computer to run movies, I have the PS3 for that. So I think that the sound card should do just fine for what I am going to be using it for. As far as the PSU goes, would I really need to get anything more than 500W? What would be a good reason to upgrade that? Lastly, I would want a "better than average" video card for the gaming that I would be doing. Will the Sapphire 100425L be able to pull it off, or is it a basic VCard?

-EDIT-

Almost forgot, what kind of DVD burner do you suggest?

My bad on the double post, thought I was editing, not adding a new post.

Thanks for the merge, but you didn't answer the other questions I had about the Video Card and the PSU.

Once again, thanks for your help with this.

That HD 4850 is not better than average... its one of the best (Read the stickies please)

If you get Hikari's or My build, you don't have to worry about power and stuff.. it'll run it fine

There's really no such thing as a "gaming motherboard" and the Rampage is a bit overpriced in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom