Another Dilema for Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I reach many of these dilemas because i never have enough money (who does ?) its a trade off between swapping my E6300 to a E6850 (Which can run at 1333Mhz as i have a mobo that supports it, P35C DS3R) or a X1950Pro OC'd version to a 8800GTS 320MB, which may also involve getting a new PSU (Im using 400W)

I just cant decide, ive certainly started to notice i cant run all games at maximum now and i hate it :cool: so it prompted me to upgrade. I cannot afford both either.

Im just unsure which will give me the biggest performance leep.

P.S. Im running on a very highly overclockable motherboard, and a Artic Freezer 7 pro... but no my cpu will not overclock :angry: :mad: Trust me i have tried MANY times.

Hmm i had a feeling so, but ima label kinda guy, E6300 is at the bottom of the Exxxx Class. I feel bad haveing a bottom of the line product in its range. hehe lol. I'll ignore that though lol.

You'll see the biggest improvement in games, by going with the 8800GTS, as Amd gt player said.

What do you mean, your CPU will not overclock? And if you were considering the E6850, it's a no brainer to go with the Q6600 instead.

I got a 7950GT 512MB and put my friends 8800gts 640mb in here to test it and i got the same frames per second in Battlefield 2142 and half life 2, everything looked identical! apart from a 3Dmark score i couldnt tell any difference lol

I got a 7950GT 512MB and put my friends 8800gts 640mb in here to test it and i got the same frames per second in Battlefield 2142 and half life 2, everything looked identical! apart from a 3Dmark score i couldnt tell any difference lol

lol, says the guy who owns the 7950...

did yo notice the extra ram on the 8800? not to mention dx10 support, and that it can overclock fairly well

buy saying it wont overclock i mean no matter what voltage i put it at no matter how much i OC my ram, My PC reboots twice after i set FSB and resets it. It only doesnt reset it if i raise it from 300 - 330, any higher and it doesnt work. 300-330 is pointless. It runs at 13 Degrees Celcies aswell. Somethings just wrong.

Hmm...i so wish i was allowed to have the 14,000Dollars in my Bank, or £7,000... but no, i hate my dad.
Now i can dream...

X2950XTX (when they come out) in Crossfire
2 intel Quad Cores Extremes
And...32GB of Ram
and thats it, ok i wudnt need 7 grand lol.

BTW, a bit random, any of you lot read about that very celver guy that used TWO PS3's as his PC Power for gameing, don't know how he did it. i didnt even think itd work...but owell. *looks at PS3, thinking intently*

You'll notice a huge difference going to a 8800GTS. I went from a very highly overclocked 7900GT which performed better than a x1950xt and the difference is amazing.

Also what kind of ram do you have? I've never even heard of an e6300 that didn't do 2.8-3.0ghz

Do you know what stepping it is?

Because I thought i had a crappy e6300 as well until I figured out it was my RAM that was faulty. Now it does 3.23ghz on only 1.336vcore

Your motherboard also supports 45nm quad core processors (Yorkfield)

Just upgrade to 8800GTS now, and then upgrade your CPU to Yorkfield when it comes out in January 2008

Its the best ram youve ver herd. Elixir and Kingston 1GB DDR2 PC5300 :p :D
But it should still overclock more than that... like 2.5Ghz atleast.

Just to be clear, is this how you do it.

Increase ram to its maximum if its stable.

Increase in increments of about 20 on your CPU FSB, if it crashes, raise VCore ? and continue until temps reach 40 idle and then stop .

Right... its at 300 FSB now... im gona raise to 320 and see what happens. its at about 1.36Volts already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom