Another 8800GTX thread/question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
Specs:
Intel Core2 Duo 2.13GHz (Zalman Heatsink Pure Copper)
2GB DDR2-800 PC6400 OCZ Xtreme
600Watt Ultra Powersupply
74GB 10,000 RPM Raptor H.D.D
120GB 7,200 RPM SATA H.D.D
eVGA GeForce 8800GTX

I posted something last night but I have another question.

I can run everything flawlessly with everything on "High" for a lack of better definition. Any Source based games, Dark Messiah, Caesar 4, ETC...

Then I decided to play Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and crank up everything up to high and do 7 computers versus me to test out how much my machine could handle.

After I had about 100-150 units on my screen I started to lag, that being said I haven't had any trouble in regular 3v3 games or anything.

I was just wondering if a game like Dawn of War has some kind of restriction because of the engine not being made with the awesome power of an 8800GTX in mind or is it something else?

I'll admit I haven't even begun to tweak my system, I just have everything at stock right now but I'll probably start toying with FSB and Clock speeds here in the future (Kinda afraid to though, paid $1400 for this rig lol)

dont think so bud, i think it's just unbelieveably demanding for a computer to render all the different units at once, even with a GTX. Ive got a system that kicks the snot out of yours, and i see a bit of a lag on the new command and conquer when i overload the screen with units. GTXs arent so untouchable after all!

I don't think that is a GPU issue. RTS games are really CPU intensive. It sounds like you are getting the lag from the CPU speed. Get a Core 2 Extreme and you would likely see that lag fade or disappear.

Why get a Core 2 Extreme, when you can get it's performance for free, by simply overclocking your C2D.

Why get a Core 2 Extreme, when you can get it's performance for free, by simply overclocking your C2D.
Right....regardless you need to increase the CPU speed to rid the lag because it's not a graphics issue.

Ok thanks I'll go check out the OC forums
I ran nTune "Tuning" for 3 hours and it kinda turned everything up a bit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom