Annoying operating system decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
now that the whole computer part ordering part is out of the way ( and the computer building part to come soon ), my last decision I have to make is what operating system. Keep in mind all the OS are virtually the same prices ( around 100 ) My choices:

Windows Vista Premium- Plain put, a not so great OS, lots of compatability issues, been out for more then a year and still terrible drivers, games take a performance hit, looks pretty, etc etc. Pretty much the only reason why I would want this pile of crap is to have it look nice and glossy and for its direct x10 support which is required by future advanced games such as crysis ( which IS a must play for any high end systems )

Windows XP- Tried and true, the bread and butter OS still, but no direct x10 support as of yet. Sure there are rumors, but what are rumors going to get me? If I get this, I can't upgrade without paying a premium in the future since its virtually the same price as Vista.

Windows 3.0- Not too flashy, great on the performance, has some compatability issues...seriously...just kidding

I mean honestly...this is getting ridiculous not to mention OEM OS cant be transfered once you install it...I'm even thinking about just using my friends cracked XP in the mean time

well what u do is get XP, and see if it has a Vista Upgrade Coupon, or get a copy of Vista, don't install it til' SP1, go "acqiure" another copy of XP and reuse ur key, and after sp1, reformat and install vista...

well what u do is get XP, and see if it has a Vista Upgrade Coupon, or get a copy of Vista, don't install it til' SP1, go "acqiure" another copy of XP and reuse ur key, and after sp1, reformat and install vista...

can you elaborate a little more on the 2nd part?

can you elaborate a little more on the 2nd part?

ok my second idea... is to go out buy Vista.... get a copy of XP SP2 from "some sort of site" and then reuse ur key for XP SP2... then reformat and upgrade to VIsta SP1 when its out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom