Anandtech: B3 Phenom, Q9300, Wolfdale Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
AnandTech: Higher Clock Speeds, No TLB Issues and Better Pricing: The New Phenom

Still showing that a fast dual core is the way to go for gaming.....and as for Phenom, well..... :freak: we're now waiting for 45nm for decent clockspeeds....and Nehalem is already just around the corner.

16767.png
16768.png

example of a very gpu limited game (oblivion):
16769.png
16770.png

Well the B3's seem to be much faster clock vs clock compared to the B2 steppings...but still not fast enough...

wait, i thought there was gonna be a 9950? I'll wait for benchmarks for that instead.

anyhow, i am a bit disappointed, but i hope to see major OCing results ^_^.

EDIT:

hey i just looked at the specs of his processor n it has 4000MHz HyperTransport Bus speed, HOLY CRAP THAT IS A LOT!!

EDIT 2:

also, the memory controller is like 128-bit, i needs n upgrade n im sure this will solve AMDs problem n get them back in the lead..........i hope. I dont want a monopoly anytime soon!

im getting an e8400 and supreme commander/Shimmering Isles are pretty much the only games i play so i feel pretty good about making the switch from amd to intel...wasnt a fanboy but back when i built my first system AMD was better

yeah I think that my x2 4200+ OC'd to 3Ghz will suffice for now. I might even be able to hold off until there is a new socket from amd (after the am2/am2+) for me to upgrade to from my 939.

the 9550 is pretty close to the q6600 when you take the lower clock speed into consideration.
if i had an am2+ mobo i wouldn't feel bad about buying a 9550. if they are cheap. and they overclock.
if the q6600 is cheaper, i would buy it. i would want an SLi mobo, which i cant seem to find. but then, im in a hurry at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom