AMD's new driver holds surprises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Source

the Catalyst driver 7.9 just came out to improve current cards n came with some odd graphics card names the driver supports:

Radeon HD 2900 Pro
Radeon HD 2350 Series
Radeon HD 2600 X2 Series

theinquirer.net says to expect these cards in the following months.

Oh...I thought it was going to be a 2950 Pro. Anyway, I heard it has similar performance to the XT, but consumes less power. Also it's single slotted.

i got a question for u b1gapl. U think the R670, or RV670 that some ppl call it, is going to be better or worse then the XT? Because i have high hopes that it will be better n i want it for when i finally rebuild n fix my computer again.

Oh...I thought it was going to be a 2950 Pro. Anyway, I heard it has similar performance to the XT, but consumes less power. Also it's single slotted.

According to techreport there will be both HD2900Pro and HD2950Pro
AMD cooks up new mid-range Radeon cards - The Tech Report

HD2900Pro is based on R600, it will have 600MHz clock speed and 256bit memory interface. It will come out on Q4 2007 and it is priced at $249

HD2950Pro is the new RV670, it will have 256bit memory interface as well, but it will have higher clocks than HD2900Pro

HD2950Pro is scheduled for either the end of this year or the beginning of next year 2008

There will be also HD2900GT which is slower than HD2900Pro

i got a question for u b1gapl. U think the R670, or RV670 that some ppl call it, is going to be better or worse then the XT? Because i have high hopes that it will be better n i want it for when i finally rebuild n fix my computer again.

I don't think it will be better than the XT, based on what maroon1 showed. From what I see, it's like a slightly stripped down version of the XT, to consume less power.

According to techreport there will be both HD2900Pro and HD2950Pro
AMD cooks up new mid-range Radeon cards - The Tech Report

HD2900Pro is based on R600, it will have 600MHz clock speed and 256bit memory interface. It will come out on Q4 2007 and it is priced at $249

HD2950Pro is the new RV670, it will have 256bit memory interface, and it will have higher clocks than HD2900Pro

HD2950Pro is scheduled for either the end of this year or the beginning of next year 2008

There will be also HD2900GT which is slower than HD2900Pro

Ahh...I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be looking out, for that 2950pro.

I don't think it will be better than the XT, based on what maroon1 showed. From what I see, it's like a slightly stripped down version of the XT, to consume less power.

Ahh...I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be looking out, for that 2950pro.

ahh, to consume less power. It sounds quite decent to OC too. Since the 2950 Pro is truely not a revision of the R600, i still hope for a better card then the XT is all im looking to, based on recent benchmarks due to current drivers, n the latest driver just came out too.

*EDIT*

i got a question, going from 512-bit to 256-bit memory interface, is that a big differ in performance or no?

I don't think that it is going to be better than HD2900XT because it is a midranged video card. It has only 256-bit memory interface, while HD2900XT has 512-bit memory interface

I don't think that it is going to be better than HD2900XT because it is a midranged video card. It has only 256-bit memory interface, while HD2900XT has 512-bit memory interface

that doesnt fully answer my question, how much of a differ is it from 512-bit to 256-bit?

I don't how much difference there will be from 512-bit to 256-bit. We need to wait and see, but I don't think there will be big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom