AMD's 3GHz K10 to break 30,000 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
30k? lol i hope its true.. cuz if it then we can brag that.. we spent half the price as kingp1n and still scored more than him and all we had to do was wait (btw is this for the Quad-core Opteron of FX?)

100% BS.. 5.0+ghz intel quads get around 26k and that's with ln2 and all that fun stuff. There is absolutely no way that a moderate overclock of a phenom would beat Intel by that much.. it would be amazing if it beat it at all at only 3.0ghz.

100% BS.. 5.0+ghz intel quads get around 26k and that's with ln2 and all that fun stuff. There is absolutely no way that a moderate overclock of a phenom would beat Intel by that much.. it would be amazing if it beat it at all at only 3.0ghz.

Well... If u think about it, Core is over 12 months old now, and K10 is a brand new arcitechture, so why would it be so surprising to you if it was significantly faster? Dont make the same mistake that intel did by underestimating AMD.

30k? lol i hope its true.. cuz if it then we can brag that.. we spent half the price as kingp1n and still scored more than him and all we had to do was wait (btw is this for the Quad-core Opteron of FX?)

Well he gets that stuff for free, since he is sponsored...and if that score is true, imagine when he overclocks with LN2.

I don't know about this year. But they might as well, call it 3DMark08. I think around next year. Who knows...

Ok, the current record is 27039 which is at 5112Ghz. Say they did break 30K with only 3.0Ghz on a K10...

That would mean that the K10 architecture is ~1.9 times faster than the core 2 duo architecture (if my maths are right). A whopping 90% faster than an intel core 2 quad!!!

This is not even taking into account the likely difference in GPU overclock from the current leader in 3dmark06.

There is no way the K10 is almost twice as fast, this is bs... Maybe 40% at most...

kingpin broke 27k. i think the record before that was high 26k with 2 ATI's. I wouldn't jump the gun and raise the BS flag just yet.

i see this in the near future...like Q4 07 future:

hammer.png

the phenom hammer. booya.

In the real world, our Intel Kentie 2.93GHz test bed will score around 7.5 GB/s, Athlon 64 X2 5000+ shoots around 8.3-8.8 GB/s, depending on the memory latency, and now Phenom scores even better – pretty close to a five figure range. But regardless of missing the 10 GB/s mark, it is still faster than any DDR3 memory on an Intel system, regardless of the clock achieved by the DDR3 memory. If you put the memory on 1066 MHz, 11GB/s bandwidth was smashed with read, write and copy tests and that was by quite some margin
oh, dang. oh, lovely news indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom