amd3800 dual core + nvidia geforce 6100

Status
Not open for further replies.

faith4

In Runtime
hello,
is the amd 3800 dual core 64bit + nvidia geforce 6100 GPU
a good setup for gaming needs ?
is this graphics card an integrated type?

I have it right now in my motherboard with that same processor, and it completely sucks for games. I just bought a 7600gt, and it runs things a million times better.

ya.. if you can get that comp cheap enough.. and it has pci-express x 16... then get it, and shove in a 7600 gt or something along the line... i did the same with a compaq and a 6800gs

7600gt is like the bang for the performance, and the x2 3800 is very good too especially after the price drop, overclocked mine to 2.5ghz , just wondering why they discontinued the toledo ones without the price drop.

if the graphics card is integrated , can i still change the graphics card? that nvidia geforce 6100.
and for the nvidia 7600gt should i get 256mb or 125mb shared memory? or does it matter ?

I would say just get this one and upgrade the video card, However I would make the comment that you can also get a Mobo without any onboard video graphics and just pop a video card in it. That is what I have and have found it interfears less with my computer.

you mean "GT", it just rates the performance of the card some how, if you're talkling about the 7600's there is also a "GS" version which is considered the one of the Value cards (value\performance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom