AMD x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
I consider 64 bit high end but I'm not looking for a $800+ Processor either. Is there a somewhat decent high end but affordible high end Processor. Also if I were to get this processor would I be limated to a AMD x64 Mobo and such?

I don't understand what you're asking...AMD K8 processors branch across socket 754, socket 939, and socket 940 package motherboards...socket 754 being entry level Sempron 64...socket 939 being mid to high range Athlon 64s...and socket 940 being high range Opteron workstations

You need to define high end and affordable before I can recommend anything...but I will list off some suggestions for you...Sempron 64s use the older 800MHz HTT bus on socket 754 therefore they're simply watered down AMD64s with less cache...the 3200+ is probably the best price performance ratio AMD64 around right now...you may also want to consider the Opteron 144 as a single core price/performance option and an Opteron 165 for an entry level multicore processor

Yea tyler, AMDs practically stopped making 32-bit processors (not literally, but they're abandoned it atleast). Even the $60 budget Sempron 64s are 64-bit (thus the "64" in Athlon 64 and Sempron 64).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom