AMD X2 VS Pentium D

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
what would you say is an all round proccessor, no actually more powerfull and also what about when the pentium d 955 comes out with Extreme edition(ht) you think that will beat the 4800 or the fx-60

The new 65nm presler cores from intel cores are already out, from their specs on paper, I'd have to say that they look like they might actually beat AMD this time around. I really don't know however, because I haven't seen any reviews or benchmarks of them yet. Also, the cedar mill and yohna cores are also geing to be coming out from intel very very soon as well, and they REALLY look like they will be good.

That just does show that the Intel will consume less power ( implying that they are cooler i should guess ), but dosen't show anything else.
That chip of Intel is quite amazing. 4Mb cache, 65 nm processor etc. Overclocking potential is higher than the AMD fx60 counterpart as well. So i should guess the Intel 955 might be better.
Nevertheless, one must be out of his mind to buy the Fx60 or something like that.

There are a lot of other things besides less power and overclocking, but I don't remember any of them off the top of my head and I dont feel like looking for them. I just remember reading a while back that these new cores from intel were susposed to be amazing, and that they would likely beat AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom