AMD x2 4800+ to ______?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
Yeah so.. I recently built the start to my new rig (Specs in sig) I got everything i wanted except CPU which Ill be ordering this coming thursday.

SO now I have a little decision to make, Which CPU do I want to get?

Right now Im looking at either:
X2 7750
or
X4 9850

I would buy a Phenom II but im not the person to worry about the newest best technology out at the time.

So Im looking at those 2 CPU's with it kinda leaning towards the quad. (Main reason, sooner or later it will become standard) Would the quad be the right purchase?

I mainly game on my rig, but I do use photoshop, 3Dstudio, web development, and when i do, I usually max my X2 in terms of CPU usage. (Photoshop, frontpage, dreamweaver, usually all opened at once)

So I guess im just kinda asking opinions, I know I kinda answered my own question in post, but just looking for some one out there with either, and how they perform..

Yeah so.. I recently built the start to my new rig (Specs in sig) I got everything i wanted except CPU which Ill be ordering this coming thursday.

SO now I have a little decision to make, Which CPU do I want to get?

Right now Im looking at either:
X2 7750
or
X4 9850

I would buy a Phenom II but im not the person to worry about the newest best technology out at the time.

So Im looking at those 2 CPU's with it kinda leaning towards the quad. (Main reason, sooner or later it will become standard) Would the quad be the right purchase?

I mainly game on my rig, but I do use photoshop, 3Dstudio, web development, and when i do, I usually max my X2 in terms of CPU usage. (Photoshop, frontpage, dreamweaver, usually all opened at once)

So I guess im just kinda asking opinions, I know I kinda answered my own question in post, but just looking for some one out there with either, and how they perform..

The X4 9850... maybe the 9950 if you can afford it..

i would agree aswell, get the quad.

nothing wrong with the 7750 (i use it), but the quad is a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom