AMD VS INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I am going to go for the AMDs as they are alot cheaper... but one issue... in term of Durability.... AMD doesn't suck right? as anyone bough an AMD processor I died within lets say 5 years of use?

which AMD? and no they do not suck. nor will they die within 5 years, heck they probably wont die within 100 years.

i think the average life span of a CPU is rated at around like 100,000 hours of use(read it somewhere on the specs of a intel chip or something). That translates into over 11 years of working time. OC it..maybe cut the life in half(over estimating) you still have 5-6 years in the life of the chip. And most people replace their computers more often than once every 5 years so I think you are safe.

( I know I said that was an intel spec but I'm sure AMD's is the same or close to it...either way their durability isn't something you need to worry about )

i think the average life span of a CPU is rated at around like 100,000 hours of use(read it somewhere on the specs of a intel chip or something). That translates into over 11 years of working time. OC it..maybe cut the life in half(over estimating) you still have 5-6 years in the life of the chip. And most people replace their computers more often than once every 5 years so I think you are safe.

( I know I said that was an intel spec but I'm sure AMD's is the same or close to it...either way their durability isn't something you need to worry about )

11 years. ha. CPU's will last alot longer than that.

i have a athalon XP from 1999 still chugging along :cool:

I saw an AMD phenom II 3.0 ghz for 165 on the site that you gave me and a mother board with an on board video for 96.99

^ yes, but since you said you were doing some gaming, i suggested a 4850. onboard graphics will never be good for gaming. you will still need a dedicated card.

Yes I know but I can't get the video card as yet.... I would live with the onboard video card for the time being and when I save up enough to get the video card i want I would buy it...

11 years. ha. CPU's will last alot longer than that.

i have a athalon XP from 1999 still chugging along :cool:

eh i'm sure it's just some random number they put out to make some lawyer happy lol

anyway yea, if you are gonna do any gaming out at all you'll want better than a onboard GPU..no use getting a nice CPU when everything looks like crud :p

Hey guys I am going to go for the AMDs as they are alot cheaper... but one issue... in term of Durability.... AMD doesn't suck right? as anyone bough an AMD processor I died within lets say 5 years of use?

Nope...

if youre upgrading for gaming, you dont specifically need a quad core. if you go with an amd cpu, you could with a triple core, which would reduce cost by a good bit.

take a look at these for example. this is under your budget, totaling $470. you would be able to get a good cpu (would work fine for gaming) and a nice gfx card too.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - OCZ Special Ops Urban Elite 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3SOU16004GK - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom