AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonKerz

In Runtime
I am still having a ton of trouble deciding between going phenom, or Q series... I've always been an AMD fan, but I hear Intel Q6600 is faster than the phenom 9750. When it boils down to it, the upgrade in motherboard and processor that I'm going to make is about $400 for both. So price is not an issue. What are your thoughts on Intel quads vs. AMD quads? If you have any suggestions on processors that are around $200 or less, please let me know :)

New egg has a combo deal running right now where I could get:

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9850 BLACK EDITION 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

and run it on:

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

for only $250 until I save up another $200 to get a nice am2+ mobo

Hard to say because I haven't done enough research on the numbers. I have an intel chip after being an amd fan since I was a kid because it was how I was raised really.. But there usually was a reason to go amd price/performance.

Seems past couple years intel is pulling it together and making products for high performance people, who want to oc and gamers and designers and such.. Iono this is just speculation don't quote me eh?

These intel chips are the way to go as of right now I think because that's all I see on the internet. People talking about Q6600 chips. Also the intel x38 are supposedly better for intels 775 cpus unless you're doing sli..

Get intel....as far as daul-quad core processors go Intel is faster and better for the most part.

go for intel... far superior product... in terms of overclocking, raw power, and price... you can't go wrong :)

i've owned lots of amds.. and lots of intels.. though none of which were phenoms.. but i can say intel's have won my heart

look delicoius to me

the 750i tfw's are pretty much 780i's with a disabled 3rd pci-e slot... but no one ever uses tri sli anyway

and q6600.. guaranteed 3.3ghz use for everyday situations

awesome, sounds good. I think that is how I'm going to go.
How do you think XP pro 32bit will go with that mobo and processor.. I've been thinking of getting a hold of XP 64bit

4+ gb of ram get 64 bit, otherwise 32 bits cool

also why not vista? i'd want dx10....

yeah that's true. well hopefully I can get a hold of Vista 64 before it's all sold out. Rumor is, Windows is going to quit production on Vista so they can develop Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom