AMD Unveils "Barcelona" Architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
here i am here i am lol and actually that is how to make friends with me, the AMD jihadist...condemn all things not AMD lmao. jk...i am friends with everyone, even intel fanboys!

but why the heck would AMD release something that won't beat a really old competitor.. unless they want to go out of business.. and i'm not an Intel Hater or an AMD hater MAV.. i just support the underdog

AMD 6400. . .

Anyways I hope AMD pulls ahead with these. Always been one of their fanboys.

architure really looks top notch, its not till usally a couple weeks before something is release they start showing it off anyway.

AM2 w/DDR2 -> AM2+ w/DDR2/DDR3 -> AM3 w/DDR3

AM2 CPUs will work on AM2 and AM2+ boards, not sure about AM3.
AM2+ CPUs will work on AM2, AM2+, and AM3.
AM3 CPUs will work on AM3 and AM2+, not sure about AM2.
I think AM3 will actually have 939 pins, so you can't use AM2 or AM2+ CPU's in socket AM3

and AM2+ CPU's won't have a DDR3 controller, because AMD hasn't designed one yet, or at the very least not incorporated the into Barcelona or Agena.

But the AM3 CPU's will be able to work in AM2+ and AM2.

Here are some reviews from a good website regarding the Phenom:

barck8qg8.jpg

AnandTech: AMD Phenom Preview: Barcelona Desktop Benchmarks

In the other post, you can forget about the price wars. Anyone notice that they're comparing the Phenom to the K8?!?!?!? WTF is that? It makes me think that it's not significantly too much of an upgrade to the K9. Confused. Oh wait, I heard that the K9 never took off because of performance issues so the K8 was reworked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom