AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides Apokalipse' post. Why bother talking about "Fanboys" when you came into this thread sounding like one. I just don't see where you're coming from saying AMD is tricking people into buying processors. People who buy processors KNOW what they need and what they want, They're not going to be tricked into something. You seem to think people who buy intel have some inept ability to find good products. "Intel can come out with a 1.8ghz chip after they have been selling 3.0 and 3.8ghz chips and know their consumers are smart enough to know that even tho these new chips have half the ghz of there old ones that its still faster." Anyone who knows processors well enough to be buying one knows things like instructions per clock cycle and things like that. It has absolutely nothing to do with clock frequency. It's how much your core can do running at that frequency. Which is basically what the hype around the C2D was all about. Believe me most people who buy pre-built computers have no idea what they're getting. They don't want an Intel processor, They want a computer to upload pictures to send to their grandparents, Most could care less how it works. I can't get over how ridiculous a statement that was. People who buy Intel are smart enough to know their processors are good LAWL. Yeah, So I must be a total retard for owning an AMD right? Because people who buy AMD are just being tricked into thinking that the 6000+ means it's like 6.0GHz, Because we're all stupid enough to believe that in between computer builds. Don't say things about AMD fanboys, Look how hateful your first post was towards AMD, simply because they don't have the best product out right now. Buy what you like, Don't trash things you supposedly have nothing against. This was originally a thread about the release of a GREAT processor, Not a place for you to vent about how much you dislike AMD because they're not on top right now.

M733mhz said:
"Intel can come out with a 1.8ghz chip after they have been selling 3.0 and 3.8ghz chips and know their consumers are smart enough to know that even tho these new chips have half the ghz of there old ones that its still faster."
The funny thing is, the only reason people know about instructions per clock so well, is because of AMD.

Yeah, I'm really don't want to have an Intel vs. AMD argument. It just makes me mad when people bash AMD as if they're nolonger good products because C2D is out.

I think the AMD/ATI merger has got them both in a slump, trying to focus energy in both markets, developing a new architechture for the next videocard chips, and a new core for the lackluster Athlon64. I say that with all due respect, because the Athlon64 chip is very good and right on par with Intels chip, but didn't shake up the market like everyone thought it would. Give them 6 months and they will be back on top. :)

summary. P-Rating is taken from the Athlon Thunderbird. it DOES serve as a model number (unless of course you can point me to another name AMD calls their Athlons by :confused: ). it is a TANGIBLE performance based rating. tell me how much balls Intel have by calling their Core and Core 2 products by names that tell us nothing about performance relative to previous models or competitors. that was very considerate of them when, you know, how similarly a 1.8GHz Core 2 performs compared to a 1.8GHz P4. face it, the P-Rating makes more sense it terms of describing the product.

The bottom line is right now, Stock the AMD is actually better performance for the money, the thing is after amazing Overclocks on the C2D they smoke AMD. It just comes down to if you are going to overclock go with a Core 2. If not then an X2 will suffice your needs completley.

actually Intel made Ghz very important back in the hey day of the P4. since it had such bad per clock performance they upped the clock and made it look like that was the deciding factor. of course anyone no these boards knows better. And i dont think a great deal of Intel customers know that the Conroe is Faster. the techies on this board are a small minority in the world. I have had many not-so-tech savvy friends ask me why Intel makes slow chips citing the Ghz of the Conroe. Years later they are now having to fight thier own myth and its hurting them in the broader market. AMDs Pr rating wasnt started because of the P4, it was actually introduced in the peroid between the p3 and the p4. before you go rambling on make sure you know what you are talking about. Many people have used it as a sort of way to quantify performance of Athlon chips v. P4s, and for the most part it is fairly accurate. I think the statement that AMDs are pointless right now is stupid. its not the same as when intel was in their position, because intel was selling at similar prices, where as AMD is slashing prices giving the cpus better bang for buck. My Opty 165 cost $155 at newegg, and Intel is still selling some models of the Pentium D for $200 or more. My Opty can run curcles around it and it goes with out saying that the Conroes can do so to, but they are selling this underpowered, hot running cpu for the same price it has always been. I think AMD is doing the smartest thing they can until the newer quads come out. and if the history of inutel and AMD leapfrogging each other holds true, then they will outperform the Conroes, and then you will be telling people to not to buy intel again.

M733mhz said:
Yeah, I'm really don't want to have an Intel vs. AMD argument. It just makes me mad when people bash AMD as if they're nolonger good products because C2D is out.

In comparison to C2D, AMD is not really great at this point in time. Think, I'm on a $300 e6600 that can take on a $600 FX-62 at stock speeds. Wouldn't it be just a little stupid to go AM2 if you have the budget that can fit LGA 775 into it? AMD's products are great, but not for the price if you have a bigger budget.

I never mentioned a certain model AMD. I would never spend that much on a processor, Whether there's a competitor for it or not. I just simply wouldn't. I buy things that will do what I need them to do, Hence why I'm on a 939 system right now. My type of system is what I'm getting at, My computer is still a great computer. It's no less of a system just because there's something better out there. Not to mention, I put this together for $500USD. The people who spend upwards of 500 bills on a processor are the stupid ones. If anything you could get an E6300, OC it then upgrade when something better comes out or the more expensive models drop in price. I wouldn't think of building an AM2 rig as this time no, But I know some people out there would, Don't ask me why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom