AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but how many people OC? remember tech-forums rep[resents a small minority or pc users. i doubt that my grandma will be pushing her dell with water cooling. the AMDs are great fopr budget jobs and they still kick windows Xp's ***.

not many people NEEEED c2d's... but for us enthusists.... we're into that price range already and we demand performance... an x2 3800+ at stock is fine for EVERY coprate business office etc, and they're cheap. But soon the 6300 will be 111 too so yea...

Yea...your right an X2 3800 in my opinion is still great for pretty much everything....and at it's price right now it's almost impossible to recommend a single core anymore to anyone....even the lowest of budgets. Its true the the Core 2's are the best for the enthusiast as it's just more power in your case for benchmarks and those couple extra minutes in encoding or things, but it's true that the X2 line still is just as competitive pricing right now as the Core's and I still recommend them to a lot of people in builds.

they are great...and yeah for a 7-800 dollar complete build, you just cant beat them (like that x2 3800 build you suggested in another post sora).
lol i just wish i could break that 3ghz/30 sec mark in superpi with mine....maybe with a new foxconn mobo i have heard so much about...

Inferno said:
They are obviously working on it... but i dont see anything out yet.
that's because they're working on it. They can't finish working on it, then go back in time to release it before they've finished working on it.

Anyway, read the link on Barcelona above.

Barcelona looks like it's going to really give Core 2 a run for its money.

zmatt said:
nagasama is right on that. the conroes arent just 100% better than the existing AMDs. yes they are an improvement but its not a world changing situation.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom