AMD turns in $600 million loss for Q2 financial year

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your opinion...which i find to just be wrong, but it is your own statement which i can't neglect. AMD is not going to make a Yankee like comeback anywhere in the next 1 month or so... so i would probably recommend getting an Intel right now and overclocking it. I mean, you could probably get an AMD as it just fell in price, but it wouldn't be a smart thing to do unless you have a low budget or can't overclock.

When it comes to hardware, all I care about is performance, so I will go with what ever has great performance for the price, wither it be AMD or Intel. Although I don't want AMD to go away since that would stop the price wars unless another company can take on Intel like AMD has been.

When it comes to hardware, all I care about is performance, so I will go with what ever has great performance for the price, wither it be AMD or Intel. Although I don't want AMD to go away since that would stop the price wars unless another company can take on Intel like AMD has been.

^i 2nd dat'

AMD turns in $600 million loss

im not saying im surprised, im just saying that it was obvious n i hope AMD can do better in Q3-Q4.

im still supporting it until AMD dies for all i care, im not moving to intel ever!

well besides the fact that you sound like a dumb AMD fanboy, I think AMD deserved to lose even more for refusing to lower their prices even further after the core 2 duos spanked them hard. Only a complete idiot would get an AMD processor for anything but an incredably low end system.

Although I prefer Intel, I would have to agree that we need AMD for competition if we want affordable "ownage in a can" Intel processors. Not to mention that if Intel has no one to compete with it will slow down how fast they develop new technology...and that just won't do.

I want IBM to get back into consumer processors instead of only server systems.... oh the 3-way war would be a wondrous thing... *only has a few dollars in wallet, but still can afford quad core*

Although I prefer Intel, I would have to agree that we need AMD for competition if we want affordable "ownage in a can" Intel processors. Not to mention that if Intel has no one to compete with it will slow down how fast they develop new technology...and that just won't do.

yes... we don't want a Rockefeller incident again.....

well besides the fact that you sound like a dumb AMD fanboy, I think AMD deserved to lose even more for refusing to lower their prices even further after the core 2 duos spanked them hard. Only a complete idiot would get an AMD processor for anything but an incredably low end system.

Why would they try to loose even more money? Intel can make chips a lot cheaper than AMD can.

Don't forget that AMD began K9 right after K8 and scrapped it (a completely new design - you wonder why they bought ATI?). Barcelona is just an evolution of the K8 from K7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom