AMD Records $396 Million USD Net Loss for Q3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
DailyTech - AMD Records $396 Million USD Net Loss for Q3

now i know this is bad for AMD but if u compare to how much they lost in Q1-Q2 of this year, which was over $600, this is about HALF of how much they lost.

so it could of been worst, but thx to the HD 2000 series, price cuts, n the launch of the most recent Barcelona, they saved almost $200 million.

i sure hope that the Phenom, HD 3000 series, n 790x chipsets do well for AMD, otherwise they're screwed!

EDIT:

i really hope they invest good money into better manufacturing plants n stuff, they need it a lot, Intel is very successful in this n partnerships.

poor people who getting layed off in amd factories :(

AMD is putting pretty much all their eggs in one basket now, they wouldn't do that if they know their going down...

They are changing their market strategy towards lower end chips, so I think their company will start doing better, because of all the stock builds that companies will make with their chips. I don't think how well their company does reflects FULLY how good their chips are. They have a different target (more low-end) now than intel, they are going to sell a lot more to manufacturers.

all they're doing is dropping out of high end gaming stuff cause with thats its either make or break, and if you don't have the best of the best then you won't make money. To be honest people care more about gaming performance then breaking the 3Dmark06 record. What they are doing is going for most performance for the least amount of money.

midn1gh7 said:
f you don't have the best of the best then you won't make money.
Think about it for a minute. How many top-o-the-line chips will AMD or Intel sell? Now, how many mid-range and low-end?

While high-end chips have a much better profit margin, the real money is where the volume is. Manufacturers and distributors don't want a lot of high-end chips because they cost too much and are basically specialty items. but mid and low chips... they can't get enough.

AMD won't stop making high-end CPUs, but they will definitely start producing a lot more volume with the lower end to make their money.

yeah........ i totally went off on ati there. haha. but yeah. The mid to low end chips are where AMD crushes intel tho. the 4-5 series x2's are way better in terms of price for performance. Intel's i think get the business because they are like best buy. they've been around and people hear their name and don't wanna go away from something they feel comfortable with.

Think about it for a minute. How many top-o-the-line chips will AMD or Intel sell? Now, how many mid-range and low-end?

While high-end chips have a much better profit margin, the real money is where the volume is. Manufacturers and distributors don't want a lot of high-end chips because they cost too much and are basically specialty items. but mid and low chips... they can't get enough.

AMD won't stop making high-end CPUs, but they will definitely start producing a lot more volume with the lower end to make their money.

i think Phenom is going to have great challenge over Penyrn. The OCing the Penyrn will win of course but i hope that the Phenom can win over the Penyrn, especially in gaming because i want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom