AMD plans major price drops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the price performance for the midrange will be equal with AMD. AMD will just drop prices to stay in comp. dont worry unless you want the big conroes...

can some one be so kind as to list the processors according to speed ? or link me to something. i've been learning but only about the S939 AMD's is there better and i'm just ignorant ? i want to build in a month or two and it'll be a budget build but i dont want to buy "old new technology if i can afford not to.

BennyV04988 said:
the price performance for the midrange will be equal with AMD. AMD will just drop prices to stay in comp. dont worry unless you want the big conroes...

Except that the "big" conroes dont cost that much. The processor that will match the FX-62 will cost $224. Thats a little better than the FX-62s
over 1000 dollar price tag. So im not sure how AMD will be able to adjuct prices to make them equal. Just my thoughts.

arctic388 said:
can some one be so kind as to list the processors according to speed ? or link me to something. i've been learning but only about the S939 AMD's is there better and i'm just ignorant ? i want to build in a month or two and it'll be a budget build but i dont want to buy "old new technology if i can afford not to.

No, you're not at all igrorant. Asking questions is how you learn. But like GerryW said, people need to read all the pages. I posted this on the last page;

Here's a breakdown of Conroe to A64 comparison;

E6300 1.86Ghz Conroe $183 - 2.418Ghz Dual Core A64.
E6400 2.13Ghz Conroe $224 - 2.769Ghz Dual Core A64.

E6600 2.40Ghz Conroe $316 - 3.12Ghz Dual Core A64.
E6700 2.66Ghz Conroe $530 - 3.45Ghz Dual Core A64.

X6800 2.93Ghz Conroe $999 - 3.52Ghz Dual Core A64.

nsomniac said:
More than an assumption; that's where this thread started, with some pretty specific information:

Haha, im pretty **** sure that there will be a price cut, common sense could kinda tell ya that one, better performance for a lower price on new technology, and new technology in general almost always means the value, or price, of old technology will go down at least somewhat depending upon how much better the new technology is. In this case, ALOT better sooo, larger price cuts so the companies can compete.

So yes, like he said, it is an assumption, but pretty specific and using common sense you can conclude that there will be.

Plus, the price cuts have appeared on Dailytech.com, which is reputed for not posting anything unless they have definite proof.

i just found the sticky in this section and read all of it and learned a lot.

now since i read that i know a little more but when i asked for a list of processors i meant all types not just Conroes. now i know that would be a big list so that is why i thought someone on here would know of a page somewhere that had it or something like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom