Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
* HD9500WCGDBOX CPU Desktop Phenom X4 9500 (4MB,95W,AM2) box $247.00
* HD9600WCGDBOX CPU Desktop Phenom X4 9600 (4MB,95W,AM2) box $278.00
* HD9700XAGDBOX CPU Desktop Phenom X4 9700 (4MB,125W,AM2) box $288.00

amd_phenom.jpg

techPowerUp! News :: AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

woa. this kinda sucks lol. If this can compete with the penryn I guess I might grab one of these instead. I wasn't feelin good about shellin out 900+ anyhow. can't wait to see some overclock results when reliable people get their hands on em ^^

It's not going to do well against the penryn in the enthusiast arena at all.

The Q9450 is 316 dollars on release and will be loads faster than the Phenom...also the Penryn overclocks to 4+ghz (more like 4.5+ghz) on air.....we'll see how the phenom does.

o_O 316 on release? well now. XD guess I was readin the wrooong thing lol. may have been lookin at the qx. Well thats great news then ;p

now all I wish was intel had of made a cool name like amd. Phenom just sounds mean. penryn reminds me of a stork...

2.2ghz phenom4 = x.xghz c2q

???

So far we have only seen questionable Phenom benchmarks...but it is rumoured the Penryns are about 5-10% faster than the Phenom...so unless the Phenom clocks 4+ghz I can't see anyone building a performance computer choosing it over Intel. A shame really as I was quite hoping Phenom would do something good for AMD. Perhaps it will, we shall see on release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom