AMD Phenom 9600 Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
Ok, so I just went to MicroCenter and bought the 9600 Black Edition...I looked at the numbers on the CPU and noticed it doesn't say anything about being b2...how can I be sure it doesn't have a bug before I open the box???

all of them have the bug right now, the ones without the bugs are coming soon

Why not just go with Intel they have the best processors right now. Not that I have anything against AMD.

theres a % chance of your Chip having it

but there is a BIOS fix, but it does reduce speed by some, but Apokalipse has said disabling Cool n' Quiet does reduce the crashing effect

theres a % chance of your Chip having it

but there is a BIOS fix, but it does reduce speed by some, but Apokalipse has said disabling Cool n' Quiet does reduce the crashing effect

I have never used Cool n Quiet anyway, since my old 3200+. What't the %? I think you forgot it...

How do I know what stepping I have though? Is it listed on the numbers on the CPU?

its the B2, I know that, all of them are B2 Revision right now

So, should I just return this one I bought and wait until the revision comes out?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at my receipt and it says No Returns on the Phenom. That's GAY!!!! Oh well, I will stick with it and hope for the best...

nah I'd live with it, just use the BIOS Fix, and use that unlocked multiplier, and increase it to 3.0ghz

or you jsut disable Cool N' Quiet and still overclock it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom