AMD Opteron on MSI K8N NEO4-F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
Just wanted to know if theyre compatible and if it can overclockas well as it can an Athlon-my asus motherboard decided to commit suicide.

the msi is a GREAT overclocking board. and if ur gonna get an opteron, get the opteron 165.

It will work. Im not sure if they technically support opterons or not. I know that DFIs dont support so if you use an opteron with them you void the warrenty and so if you happen to burn out your cpu or mobo, you S.O.L. It was a risk me and many others have taken. Your choice.

The MSI's kick ***. DFI support Opteron's and so do MSI's, you just have to update the bios. If you put any Opteron on a non server board then you void the warranty.

I wouldn't say so, due to the plethora of overclocking options in the DFI's BIOS, but they're a close second imo. And cheaper!

Plus, if you check my sig, you'll see I have an MSI K8N Neo4-F + Opteron.

reggie_da_man said:
The MSI's kick ***. DFI support Opteron's and so do MSI's, you just have to update the bios. If you put any Opteron on a non server board then you void the warranty.
DFI doesnt support opterons. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152.

I wouldnt say the Neo-F beat DFIs but i say its quite close. DFIs have many overclocking options in BIOS that make them such good overclocking boards. Either way you should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom