AMD Opteron 170 or Dual Core 930 D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornstar6969

Solid State Member
Quick question guys.

Which one is better for a dedicated server and why and any documentation or other threads would be great, or personal expiernce is fine as well.

AMD Opteron 170

Dual Core

(1mb Cache per core)

or

Dual Core 930 D
3.0Ghz
(2mb SuperFast Cache per core)

Thanks

ps (hope this is the right section, if not please move it.)

This is for a dedicated server, so if you know a dedicated server that is providing cpanel/whm/fantastico/rvskins/whmextra/whm reseller 2000 GB bandwidth 100mb/ps port for around $230 a month let me know.

Basically I am running vbulletin forums mainly, and have lots of people on the site, so if that helps in choosing which one would be better, let me know.

Thanks

My apologies. I thought you were building a dedicated box.

In that case, do you know anything more about the systems? If they are roughly the same, I would go with the Opty 170 box.

http://beachcomber.net/Dedicated-Dual-Core.shtml It's the one that is $239.99 a month but will be $229.99 a month after the discount.

They both are the same except for

AMD Opteron 170

Dual Core

(1mb Cache per core)

or

Dual Core 930 D
3.0Ghz
(2mb SuperFast Cache per core)

Why would you choose the Opty 170 box over the other one? (More info the better i suppose lol)

Thanks

What about the difference with the (1mb Cache per core) for the opty and 2mb for the other one.

Or is the opty cache better built or is it not much difference in that part of the specs.

It is much more efficient. ESPECIALLY in server environments, since that is what it was made for. The Pentium D is not a server processor. Quoting you, the Pentium D is, and always will be, the "other one". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom