Is AMD Now Obsolete????? - Page 8 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #71 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick
Default Re: Is AMD Now Obsolete?????

meh ive owned a skt 939 athlon 3800+ and im using a skt 939 athlon 3800+ X2

i might lap my old athlon

Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Monster Techie

AMD will not go out of business. You are forgetting that 90% of us are enthusiasts and enthusiasts make up a small percentage of the cpu market. Go to any computer store and you will see tons of pre-built computers with both AMD and Intel processors that people buy every day. Then look at how many computers large corporations buy and schools. If you go and ask an average person what he/she considers when he/she is looking into a new computer, they will probably respond with "low price, easy setup, good performance". They will most likely go to some local computer store and ask a salesman to show them a good computer and pick the one they like best. If you tell that person they can build their own computer, they will think that it is far too much trouble and it is out of the question. Both AMD and Intel get tons of sales from people like this. Nobody will be going out of business. Yes, AMD is behind but they aren't disappearing.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
TY, May I have another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferarri View Post
AMD will not go out of business. You are forgetting that 90% of us are enthusiasts and enthusiasts make up a small percentage of the cpu market. Go to any computer store and you will see tons of pre-built computers with both AMD and Intel processors that people buy every day. Then look at how many computers large corporations buy and schools. If you go and ask an average person what he/she considers when he/she is looking into a new computer, they will probably respond with "low price, easy setup, good performance". They will most likely go to some local computer store and ask a salesman to show them a good computer and pick the one they like best. If you tell that person they can build their own computer, they will think that it is far too much trouble and it is out of the question. Both AMD and Intel get tons of sales from people like this. Nobody will be going out of business. Yes, AMD is behind but they aren't disappearing.
QFT!!
EVGA 680i
Lian Li Pc-A05
TRUE Black Edition, lapped to almost mirror finish.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!

Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300

what does qft stand for!
Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
Old 01-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #75 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quoted for Truth

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Closed Thread