Is AMD Now Obsolete?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD is not obsolete at all. It's not like Intel is downright mopping the floor with them. They're just behind, but that doesn't make them useless.

Go with the company you like.

That sums it up. Every once in a while, the "tide" changes and one company gains "dominance." AMD is just behind but it isn't obsolete.

That sums it up. Every once in a while, the "tide" changes and one company gains "dominance." AMD is just behind but it isn't obsolete.

exactly, even tho it was two Processor line ups in a row AMD is not obsolete, I mean if it worked like that then that guy you talked to would have said that the Pentium 4 and Pentium D back in the day, simply put that guy you talked to is a moron

exactly, even tho it was two Processor line ups in a row AMD is not obsolete, I mean if it worked like that then that guy you talked to would have said that the Pentium 4 and Pentium D back in the day, simply put that guy you talked to is a moron

now now don't be so harsh, we don't know the whole context of the question that was asked, also the guy that he talked to didn't say that AMD was obsolete.

I am building a computer and decided I would go with an AMD dual core processor. A custom computer builder I talked to stated that I should not buy an AMD processor because they pail in comparison to Intel's lineup and they won't catch up anytime soon. Should I ditch AMD for Intel and not look back?:confused:

now now don't be so harsh, we don't know the whole context of the question that was asked, also the guy that he talked to didn't say that AMD was obsolete.

he prefered intel because they r doing better in performance then AMD, but all that should change when B3 stepping processors come out.......maybe.

All I gotta say is this, AMD is behind Intel, but they are still quality chips and they can still runs the newest games out there, and Intel may be in the lead now, but let's flash back to the arrival of Athlon 64 processors. I remember when i first joined this forum in 05, and everyone was saying AMD demolishes the P4 in gaming. People would be making jokes about how bad intel's chips were all the time. I know all you guys remember that too. Holler if you hear me. Intel fanboys were constantly getting punked on. So it can change anytime, and that's why I never say "oh Intel sucks" or "oh AMD sucks" because its always changing.

hey shatta what's up with your sig 12ghz quad core??

Correct, I was just curious if you guys knew anything about the future of the processors. I have a relative that works at intel (gets me great deals on there stuff:D ) and quite frankly, intel's not doing so hot. They are laying off people right and left supposedly because of AMD's massive presence in the budget market, which intel used to dominate too. If this trend continues AMD may start cranking out some high quality processors to even out there business while they have a slight money advantage. But, my friend was correct, intel, as of now, beats down AMD like a sick dog. No one said they were obsolete. That was for you guys to decide.

I say $190 for a Quad core is far from Obsolete, I mean...$190! that is cheap as heck, only $10 more than the 6000+ and it way outperforms it. Is Phenom better than Q6600? no, but it's a lot cheaper and still outperforms any dual core Intel has for the same price.

I say $190 for a Quad core is far from Obsolete, I mean...$190! that is cheap as heck, only $10 more than the 6000+ and it way outperforms it. Is Phenom better than Q6600? no, but it's a lot cheaper and still outperforms any dual core Intel has for the same price.

actually now its only $185 with a coupon code lol.

Right, if you look at intel vs amd in the sense of names (e.g. "dualcore" "quadcore" etc.) intel drops amd like a bag of dirt. But if you look at them in terms of price, imo, where it really matters, amd wins (that is unless you want to go above and beyond with the intel quadcore or something of that preformance then intel has no competition with amd in the sense that amd doesn't go that far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom