AMD loses another executive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hellfire!

Send a message via MSN to Wildside
Thumbs down AMD loses another executive

DailyTech - Another AMD Exec Bolts For The Door

"Henri Richard would leave his position as executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer for AMD on September 8. Richard had been with the company since 2002 and saw the Sunnyvale, CA-based company go through good times (Opteron successes) and bad times."

good god! AMD is falling apart here! If AMD's Barconela's n Phenom x4/FX dont do well, it's over, period.

"UR KILLING ME SMALLS!" ---- Sandlot

--EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB GDDR5
--ASUS Crosshair IV Hero AM4 X370 Motherboard
--WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD
--SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD
--Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
--Corsair Professional Series 860-Watt AX860
Old 09-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Default Re: AMD loses another executive

nah, if phenom doesnt do well (it will from a server standpoint anyway, there are ++hundreds++ of VERY large corporations that will be using it), relatively speaking (from a desktop point of view), they will probably concentrate on the low cost, high performance/price ratio that they have now. like seriously concentrate on that. if phenom doesnt put a whoopin on c2d, thats pretty much the market share they will have left. i dont care...if i was the ONLY one buying AMD, i would still buy their products. lol, if i could buy enough to keep them in business i suppose lol....

Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hellfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
nah, if phenom doesnt do well (it will from a server standpoint anyway, there are ++hundreds++ of VERY large corporations that will be using it), relatively speaking (from a desktop point of view), they will probably concentrate on the low cost, high performance/price ratio that they have now. like seriously concentrate on that. if phenom doesnt put a whoopin on c2d, thats pretty much the market share they will have left. i dont care...if i was the ONLY one buying AMD, i would still buy their products. lol, if i could buy enough to keep them in business i suppose lol....
well lets hope; the prices of the server chips r cheap so AMD still has a chance to catch up. Intel has more market share then AMD, i mean a lot so only time will tell what will happen when the server chips come out.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Just because they don't have top notch chips doesn't mean the company will fall apart. There are many other factors that affect the stock and market share.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

my brother (who works for one such large corporation) just spent 3 million of his company's money on barcelona cpus/equipment. these gigantic corporations dont ask how much things cost, generally. they just BUY it. amd doesnt really need a huge market share. they just need loyalty, and that they have. to me, and this is TOTALLY my own opinion all you flamers i know you're out there lol...that is what sets them apart from intel. they want a small niche, and are satisfied with it, and intel wants to like, own the world or something. JMO. also why i buy their products. not because they are better neccessarily (though they have been and possibly will be again)...but because i respect their company. if people think thats stupid....i dont give a f**k. its my money.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hellfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
my brother (who works for one such large corporation) just spent 3 million of his company's money on barcelona cpus/equipment. these gigantic corporations dont ask how much things cost, generally. they just BUY it. amd doesnt really need a huge market share. they just need loyalty, and that they have. to me, and this is TOTALLY my own opinion all you flamers i know you're out there lol...that is what sets them apart from intel. they want a small niche, and are satisfied with it, and intel wants to like, own the world or something. JMO. also why i buy their products. not because they are better neccessarily (though they have been and possibly will be again)...but because i respect their company. if people think thats stupid....i dont give a f**k. its my money.
whow easy there.........calm down nagasama. I understand where ur going n i respect that, i just dont like it that executives r all of the sudden leaving AMD. I'm still going to support AMD too.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

lol i know buddy...i'm not getting excited. when i said "you" flamers, i dint mean you of course as an AMD user. as long as they have the loyal users (corporate and private), and believe me...most (if not all) of their corporate customers are beyond loyal..they will be okay. i wonder how AMD stock is going to react next week, interesting...i wonder if he defected to intel...or maybe he just retired?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
MetalHead Techie

ok so SOMEHOW AMD suddenly comes out with a huge breakthrough in CPU technology and surpasses intel and wants to, to use your phrase, "Take over the world"
do you still support??
Mobo Biostar Z68A+
Mem 4 gb PNY DDR3 1600
Case afk
Sound Logitech z-5300e 5.1 + Razer Orca's + Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
PSU Corsair 520hx
OS Windows 7 64-bit
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
HDD Hitachi 1Tb
Old 09-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie

my first experience with AMD was awesome, and so was the one after that, and after that, etc. I will always buy AMD because they are reliable and very very cheap. I don't think there is any reason to get emotionally attached to companies. I just buy what's best for the money. If tomorrow's Intel chips are better for the cash, i will buy them.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
ok so SOMEHOW AMD suddenly comes out with a huge breakthrough in CPU technology and surpasses intel and wants to, to use your phrase, "Take over the world"
do you still support??
you mean like athlon? lol
i would still support because even when they did surpass intel in performance, they didnt have a commercial on every channel...an ad in every magazine, wanting to own every bit of computer technology that has been or will ever be created, and wanting to turn every user into an amd user. they were happy then with the server/enthusiast market...why would they not be if it happened again?
succinctly, yes, i would. i think that AMD would not try to squash intel even if they did come out with a huge breakthrough. maybe im naive. maybe not. meh.