Status
Not open for further replies.
vernong1992 said:
hopefully amd does well with their next processor... X_X
but i cant really see them beating intel like they did with their athlon 64

u mean X2... cuz Athlon64 owned P4
Ditto.

Pdawg said:
My consumer opinion on AMD was that the tended to make better than or equally better processors than intel and for a lower price. Heck, if there was a decent third and fourth company I'd love that all the better.
Ditto again.

AMD has always been a thorn in Intel's side. Even back in the K6 days, AMD was doing more with less than Intel was doing.

I guess I tend to side with the underdog on most things, and this is one of them. Intel, like Microsoft and IBM, tends to sit back and ride the success of whatever they release instead of keeping their nose to the grindstone to bring out the next one. It took an upstart like AMD who kicked Intel's hiney to get them moving. Now Intel is trying to bury AMD through their clout and global dominance. Makes me glad that AMD is still holding on to their suit of Intel... hopefully it will change a few things.

When Dell finally decided to start using AMD chips, people scoffed at it and whined because Dell was soaking up so many chips. In actuality, this has gave AMD a major victory. Dell is still a world-wide company, and people can buy an AMD box from Dell cheaper than an Intel box. Dell's use of AMD "legitimized" AMD in the eyes of the general public.

What does the future hold? I dunno, but it is going to be exciting.

Ditto.

Ditto again.

AMD has always been a thorn in Intel's side. Even back in the K6 days, AMD was doing more with less than Intel was doing.

I guess I tend to side with the underdog on most things, and this is one of them. Intel, like Microsoft and IBM, tends to sit back and ride the success of whatever they release instead of keeping their nose to the grindstone to bring out the next one. It took an upstart like AMD who kicked Intel's hiney to get them moving. Now Intel is trying to bury AMD through their clout and global dominance. Makes me glad that AMD is still holding on to their suit of Intel... hopefully it will change a few things.

When Dell finally decided to start using AMD chips, people scoffed at it and whined because Dell was soaking up so many chips. In actuality, this has gave AMD a major victory. Dell is still a world-wide company, and people can buy an AMD box from Dell cheaper than an Intel box. Dell's use of AMD "legitimized" AMD in the eyes of the general public.

What does the future hold? I dunno, but it is going to be exciting.

seriously... i wanna see who wins, but i'm rooting for AMD (i'm not a fanboy) i root for the underdog :)

I'd love to know the details of that deal AMD made with Intel. Does Dell just buy from AMD? I work for Coca-Cola and we practically give our crap away to Wal-Mart. It's like "buying" market share. I wonder if AMD has to do the same.

I work for Coca-Cola
Where? I worked for CCE for five years, been gone two now. Yeah, stores get it at or below cost just so Coke can be in the store's ads. It's crazy... besides, Coke makes all of its money on small bottle sales (20 ounce, half-liter, liter, 12 ounce).

Dell sells AMD and Intel. Intel wasn't happy about it. Dell also went public that Intel had them in some kind of exclusivity contract with them at one time, and that Dell lost a lot of "incentives" when they opted to use AMD chips, too.

Oh good ol' CCE eh? I work for Swire Bev's. I was based out of Salt Lake City (Don't be confused - I'm Texan - a necessary disclaimer) but right now I'm posted in Hong Kong. They don't do 20oz. here - it's all about .5Liters. THe chinese drink smaller portions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom