AMD or INTEL - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord AnthraX
Get an Intel conroe when they come out...they will rape anything AMD has to offer...

You wont regret it

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 04-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

wait until closer that time and you will have a better idea of how the 2 companies are performing as both have new technology in the pipeline. i am getting rather tired of people who believe they are clairvoyant and keep saying Conroe WILL beat AMD. i will admit that yes it does appear Conroe has the upper hand but that is not concrete yet. not one person here can even see 6 seconds into the future let alone 6+months

Old 04-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

d'oh here we go but I'm all out for a war. Do you think that AMD can completly change their memory controller in only 6 months I think not. If you seen the benchmarks it's pathetic. Any rapid changes now results in bugs which is never a good thing. The alternative is to delay the sad sad AM2 Processors.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 04-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Techie

wel there is that reverse hyperthreading thing amd is trying out making 2 cores act as one
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/04...yperthreading/
Old 04-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I've heard about it but it seems backwards at the most the apps should be re programed to be multi threaded. Interesting Technology and has potential though yes.

That isn't for the AM2 Processors though. When are we talking 2008-2012?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

no i don't think AMD will be able to change the memory controller but i am not going to rule it out. its not that i can't accept Conroe may be better than anything AMD may be able to produce for a while its just that i am not going to speak it as if it were already truth. the fact of the matter is all we can do is hypothesise about it and i'm sick of people telling newcomers in a matter of fact way that Conroe will be the king.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
True Techie

I'm soooooo lost lol :S
Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by nitestick
wait until closer that time and you will have a better idea of how the 2 companies are performing as both have new technology in the pipeline. i am getting rather tired of people who believe they are clairvoyant and keep saying Conroe WILL beat AMD. i will admit that yes it does appear Conroe has the upper hand but that is not concrete yet. not one person here can even see 6 seconds into the future let alone 6+months
Oh but your wrong I can see into the future. In 6 seconds I will press "Submit Reply" 1 2 3 4 5 6
Old 04-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
True Techie

ok so basically...what is everyone saying?...I should get the AM2 processor when it comes out?......or should I get the conroe if its out in the fall when im buying my parts?

I take it these two processors aren't going to be cheap either???
Old 04-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Neither. Wait to see how they perform when they're released, and then make a decision. Nobody knows for sure what will happen in 6 weeks time. They're not expected to be crazy expensive, no.

TT Big Typhoon
eVGA 7900GT KO Superclocked (650/1650)
250GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA2 HDD
Hiper Type-R 580W SLi PSU
19" Sony Trinitron CRT
Closed Thread