AMD or Intel? - Page 9 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #81 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: AMD or Intel?

KK i'm buying it today and i'd like you guys to help me find a price friendly motherboard that supports the q9550 and at least 8gb, not a big overclocker so no worries their.

EDIT: What would be stopping me from buying something like Newegg.com - ECS P43T-A2 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards how can i tell if it supports the 45nm q9550

Old 09-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
The Bulldog

You can get a P45 for cheap so i don't see any reason not to get one.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

This is the board I have. It was $130. Its solid and dependable. It has built in power and reset switches and debug leds, which have come in handy more than once when an OC went bad. It does support the Q9550 and it has crossfire support.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #83 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Depends on what you're getting it for. Gaming or browsing. I would def. choose the intel over amd just for intel having a better rep. with gaming performance.
HSF - Alpine 64 CPU Cooler
RAM - Select 2GB PC-6400 DDR2
GPU - e-GeForce 8600 GT 512MB DDR2 PCIe
HD - Western Digital 320GB 7,200RPM SATA-300
PSU - RAIDMAX QUANTUM RX-700 ATX12V 700W SLI
OS - Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Ultimate
Monitor - Star Logic 20.1" Widescreen LCD
Speakers - Klipsch 2.1 THX
Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower
Old 09-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #84 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart

Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsk8er04 View Post
Depends on what you're getting it for. Gaming or browsing. I would def. choose the intel over amd just for intel having a better rep. with gaming performance.
skater there was like a 7 page long discussion about AMD vs Intel. Don't open old wounds lol.

There is no way you can be serious to say AMD is good only for browsing. It performs well in games too, just so happens that the Yorkfields are like unleashed pit bulls.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #85 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Ventriac

lol yeah a mob should close this topic, and delete all posts that are similiar, haha

CPU E8500MB Asus P5Q Pro
RamOCZ Reaper ddr2800 GPUVisiontek 4870
PSU Toughpower 700 HDD WD 640 GB
Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #86 (permalink)
The Bulldog

Saying amd is only for browsing is a stretch. But unless you are upgrading an amd system or you are apok there is almost no reason to go amd.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
Old 09-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #87 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Ventriac

Even though intel is better than AMD does not make AMD a bad processor... Understood? good... Intel just performs better.. And If someone feels they want an upgrade right NOW amd is actually a good choice due to the fact they can buy an inexpensive am2+ mb and ddr2 room, and NOT have to worry about having to rebuy the mb/ram... Which in intels case you will HAVE to if you plan on running i7, We all know nahalem is going to be better than denab, but for those whom don't like to spend mad cash on computers, amd is a good way to go, plain and simple.

CPU E8500MB Asus P5Q Pro
RamOCZ Reaper ddr2800 GPUVisiontek 4870
PSU Toughpower 700 HDD WD 640 GB
Old 09-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #88 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt View Post
Saying amd is only for browsing is a stretch. But unless you are upgrading an amd system or you are apok there is almost no reason to go amd.
Phenom's are cheaper than C2Q's, and are using a socket that's more future proof.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #89 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart

Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891

AMD is marketed to the average people amongst us. While Intel is for the deranged lunatics. It only makes sense that the fan boys take after their favorite companies.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #90 (permalink)
The Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventriac View Post
Even though intel is better than AMD does not make AMD a bad processor... Understood? good... Intel just performs better.. And If someone feels they want an upgrade right NOW amd is actually a good choice due to the fact they can buy an inexpensive am2+ mb and ddr2 room, and NOT have to worry about having to rebuy the mb/ram... Which in intels case you will HAVE to if you plan on running i7, We all know nahalem is going to be better than denab, but for those whom don't like to spend mad cash on computers, amd is a good way to go, plain and simple.
I never said they were bad. I simply said right now unless you are upgrading an AM2 based system there isn't much of a reason to go amd. Unless of course you are a fanboy who wouldn't buy Intel anyway.

None of you can call me a fanboy for the simple fact that ,(with the exception of apok) I have probably built more AMD systems then you have built systems period. I am speaking for the facts not some blind faith in a company I believe is perfect. I really don't care what you think of me or any other Intel user but dont go recommending sup par stuff to new users.

Quote:
AMD is marketed to the average people amongst us. While Intel is for the deranged lunatics.
That is a statement only a fanboy could make.

Quote:
Phenom's are cheaper than C2Q's, and are using a socket that's more future proof.
I hear a lot of talk about future proof this, future proof that. You know what, there is a fair chance that Deneb wont out run Yorkfield. if that proves to be true then s775 will be great for budget builders. And then you wont have any ammo.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
Closed Thread