AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you slap an accelero on that 4850 you can get it down to about 40c if you add a fan, which will give you plenty of OC room. I have mine at 700/1000 right now and its running fine.

Yes AMD does make better GPU's then Intel but Intel does not really make many GPU's Intel makes CPU's mainly unlike AMD that does both.
Actually, this may be surprising, but Intel outsells ATI and Nvidia in the GPU market.
It's all their onboard crap. They have poor performance, but they're included in a great deal of notebooks and prebuilt desktops.
But Intel makes better CPU's AMD does not.
There has been more than a few times where AMD processors were better than Intel's (sometimes by some sizable margins). And, AMD's CPU's tend to be cheaper.
Even now, and I know a lot of people will either not like to admit it or simply have not seen all the facts, but even the current Phenom's are very close to Core 2 Quad's.

Im talking about right now, Core 2 duos are better then athlon X2's, and core 2 quads are better then phenom X4's, but they do cost more.

Anyways, yes there were many times AMD was better then Intel and there probibly will be more times AMD is better then Intel but for right now Intel makes better CPU's.

That is interesting that Intel sells more video cards, but when you think about it, it makes sense with Dell, HP, Gateway and so on.

AMD holds its own and doesn't cut corners when it comes to their CPU's. Unlike Intel AMD doesn't have to pile tons of cache on a CPU just to make up for inferior an inferior CPU architecture.

*Edit*

Oh I thought you said "But Intel makes CPU's and AMD does not."

My bad.

LOL

But it's true, they put a crapload of cache to make up for not having an onboard memory controller, but that's so they don't get way behind

I guess with Quickpath Connect that'll change

Even now, and I know a lot of people will either not like to admit it or simply have not seen all the facts, but even the current Phenom's are very close to Core 2 Quad's.

Speaking of Phenoms whats with the rumors that they are selling X2 Phenoms in Europe? At first I thought maybe they must have higher clocks and are maybe 45nm. But they're clocked fairly low, are 65nm, and often beat by the E6600 when it comes to gaming.

Yeah I love AMD but they really need time and money before they can produce innovative and great products again. In the mean time I guess it doesn't hurt to make some money does it? Looks like they'll be catering to the rest of the computer buying market. Which is basically normal every day people who look at price tag first before bench marks and Super Pi Scores.

You said... get the Q9950.... lol brainfart

Q9550 + P45 + HD 4850 is what I would recommend going, you really don't need a HD 4870
or if you are AMD Dedicated:
X4 9550 + 790GX + HD 4850

lol the numbers get confusing after awhile. the Q9550 my bad.

And yeah if you are going to get a beat like the Q9550 you might as well get a 4870. You can crossfire them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom