AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent owned one, but i have researched it...and i will totally dispute that an overclocked 2140/60 is any better than my 5000BE was at 3.3ghz. i did it in the past and i will do it now.

and please...for the love of GOD...reading this thread makes me want to wrap my lips around a pistol. can we please stop beating the dead horse here?

I think the horse is dead tbh.

350px-De_matrix-1-.jpg

Evidence?

I am only jumping in to prevent Apok from spreading mis-information. In my mind the horse has been beaten but some people wont give it up.
to stop me from spreading misinformation?
I only posted here because people were spreading misinformation on the AMD systems.
You know, statements like Q6600 is faster than 9950 or that it's $100 cheaper (which were both wrong)
Then even though I corrected those things (which was the only thing I was initially trying to do), people still continued to attack AMD

I screwed up a price. Your spewing unconfirmed data and conjecture about a processor that hasn't been released yet. All the expectations you have for Deneb are just that expectations. And even if Deneb beats Yorkfield that isn't saying much. Yorkfield is a generation old.

Yes comparing Deneb to Yorksfield isn't saying much for amd due to the fact that yorksfield was released ages ago and deneb is "the next big thing" for amd, but...Let's talk about Core i7, what is that going to have that Deneb will not?

I screwed up a price.
by a lot.
and performance.
But you and Puddle Jumper then kept attacking Phenom's, so I defended them.
Your spewing unconfirmed data
The fact that Deneb will have a higher IPC, use less power, and overclock more is not unconfirmed.
and conjecture about a processor that hasn't been released yet
It may not be released, but we do have benchmarks of ES chips, and a lot of verifiable data on both the 65nm process and 45nm process used, as well as some technical details of Agena and Deneb, which give at the very very least a good indication as to what we can expect, even if not all of it is absolute data.
All the expectations you have for Deneb are just that expectations.
Reasonable expectations based on facts.
And even if Deneb beats Yorkfield that isn't saying much. Yorkfield is a generation old.
No, it's current generation. And people are still buying 65nm products from Intel.
Yes comparing Deneb to Yorksfield isn't saying much for amd due to the fact that yorksfield was released ages ago and deneb is "the next big thing" for amd, but...Let's talk about Core i7, what is that going to have that Deneb will not?
Exclusive support for only DDR3 (not DDR2), which costs more, and a new socket, which requires new and expensive motherboards, as well as a higher price tag on the CPU's themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom