AMD or Intel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
ok, soo.. I am rebuilding and you guys have given me great advice already, however, I said i was going to go with an Intel chip instead of AMd.. but now I am thinking that I might change that. soo.. What do you guys think of the AMD Athlon 62 X2 5000 Black edition VS Intels E8400 or E7200?

I plan to do some gaming..like crysis, CoD4 and the like..

e7200 and e8400 are faster..

So the faster ones are better in gaming, but I recommend the e7200 out of either of those 3, I wouldn't spend $200+ on an outdated Dual-Core over a Quad-Core

the intel has more ghz and more cache 6mb, i use to be an amd fan and still am but for the money the intel is better.

I'm not a fanboy, but I like AMD better... but by no means will I not recommend which is better for the price..

Unfortunately AMD doesn't have it this round, however hopefully they'll come out swinging

AMD has a bit higher clock speeds for most of their stuff, but they are slower clock for clock compared to Intel (that means even that if both are at the same speed, then the AMD is still slower)

intels whole c2d series has been pretty good. before that i dont think they were as good as amd for gaming. one advantage they do have is the inbuilt memory controller which seems like it would make alot of difference since its built into the chip and not on the board itself. but i guess in the end intels architecture was better.

The latest batch of new Phenom quads are the best yet, but they are still not up to Intel's speeds yet.

The latest batch of new Phenom quads are the best yet, but they are still not up to Intel's speeds yet.
in terms of frequency, yes.
65nm Phenom's have about as high performance per clock in gaming as 65nm Core 2 Quad's. They just don't tend to clock as high.

45nm Core 2 Quad's have about 5-10% better performance per clock, though don't always overclock as well as the 65nm ones

I personally buy AMD, because I don't like Intel (the company)

i personally would go e7200 only because of nehalem coming out somewhat soon (couple months) and if you wanna upgrade to that then you don't wanna spend 70 bucks more on a quad when its gonna be as outdated as the dual-core's are gonna be with the new socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom