AMD generates more heat?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinges

Baseband Member
I was told tht a amd IS a better processor than intel's but they generate way more heat...

I live in very hot conditons and the guy said amd processor would fry up everything else in the pc...

The person said tht a better heatsink + amd processor + fans would cost much more than a p4...

Any1 living in hot climatic conditons back this up?!

Ps: i am / was thinking of buying a amd athlon 3700+

Sounds like he WANTS to sell you an Intel for some reason. I was always under the impression that AMD ran cooler than Intel (at least for there newer 939 CPU's)

AMDs run cooler than Intels.

Your boy is trying to sell you an intel processor because they're more money; consequently, making him more money.

I was talking with my bro and he said he used a k series one...a old one...and it burned 2 mobos of his...

Will i need another better heatsink?!

ur bro doesnt know much eh? u can keep ur pc on 24/7 just fine. amd's do run cooler than intel as long as ur talking about the 90nm architecture. intels 65nm just came out a few months ago and run the coolest so far and u can OC them on stock heatsink and fan up to 1.2GHz.

AMD's a long time ago did run somewhat hot. Now AMD's run cool with the exception of the opteron processors which are meant for server environments, plus two cores make em run a bit hotter.

If you were to get a venice or san diego single cored AMD CPU it will not get hot and burn up, muchless burn up everything in your mobo. They have emergency shut off temps and whatnot.

Stock heatsink should be fine, just watch the temps, especially if you live in a tropical climate where it's generally warm. So an aftermarket heatsink would probably be worth it, but not 100% needed more than likely.

AMD is hotter than intel? i think your the second person to say that, and in both situations you and the other guy were being sold an intel.

wow u make it sound like buying an intel is a terrible thing. intels r still ok computers. just for some reason u can sell them better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom