AMD Dual core Vs. Intel Dual cores - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default AMD Dual core Vs. Intel Dual cores

today i was reading a computer magazine, and they compared all the dual core amds with the all the dual core intels. the weird part is that u no how ppl say that intel is better for multitasking and like video editing and stuff. there were 6 tests they were put through i think it was: Music, Video editing, multi-tasking,Gaming, Movies, and some other thing.

the weird part is that AMD pwned in all tests, even multi-tasking ( which i hear intel leads in), and AMD has more bang for buck than INtel, Intels most expensive processor, which is more expensive than AMDs most expensive, doesnt come close to the AMDs performance.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Was this from Computer Shopper? Yes AMD's are way better. The conroe looks pretty dang good though. - Charlie

Old 03-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

yes, yes it was, *props*
Old 03-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

Intel's current dual core processors get spanked in every department by AMD's dual core processors. This summer, this is likely to change, but who knows.

Ryan

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

not speaking from experience or anything, but i dont think Intel will beat AMD, i dont think thats their angle, i think all that they are trying to do is have another excuse for ripping off rich people who dont know jack about computers, and people in general that dont know about computers.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

No, with the new conroes, rumors saying will beat out amd dual cores at a lower clock speed. But dont judge ur decision on the latest benchmarks of it cus intel cheated on them.

Were just going to have to wait until the cpu is out and we get to see some real benchmarks.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by john3
not speaking from experience or anything, but i dont think Intel will beat AMD, i dont think thats their angle, i think all that they are trying to do is have another excuse for ripping off rich people who dont know jack about computers, and people in general that dont know about computers.
Intel is already beating AMD. It's called the Core Duo. When overclocked, that thing is a BEAST.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: EVGA 560 Ti
HDD: Cruicial M4 SSD 128 GB
HDD 2: WD VelociRaptor 300 GB
PSU: Corsair TX650w
Case: Corsair 600T Graphite Series
Old 03-14-2006, 05:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

the dual core duel is OLD news. the old idea of intel being better at multitasking applied to single core AMD processors vs single core intel's with hyperthreading and this still basically holds true. the benchmarks you speak of would only have included the smithfield cores because i think the presler cores perform a lot better
Old 03-14-2006, 05:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

core due is available just for laptops, not desktop
Old 03-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

no, i think it was recently put into desktops 2, not sure wer i saw that, think on the shopping channel with dell.

Well, i think that AMD will beat intel because AMD for a while now has been a leader in gaming, i dont think their gonna give up a fight that easily, im sure they can find a way to beat them and give more bang for buck like they always have, i have faith in AMD, not intel. Like i said, i think that intel is just targeting rich white guys who dont know jack, and need a "good" reason to spend a lot of money on a conroe.

Closed Thread