Which AMD CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, did I miss something? Do you mean to tell me GR did not know anything about computers until August last year? And then he comes on here, and tells me, who started on PCs about 15 years ago, that I have the knowledge of a newt when it comes to PCs? Man, when did all you guys find this out? Why was I not informed? LMFAO!

We know AMD's plans up to and including 2008, and they aren't going to touch Conroe.

You never kno, thats two years....MAYBE..... JUST SAYIN MAYBE.... AMD will SHOW some sort of core change or w.e to counter conroe that'lll be due in a year or so.... MAYBE.... you cant just say AMD is out till 08....

Personally.... Conroe looks amazing... i'm mad at it cause i've had intel all my life.... now i want an AMD and right when i do.... Intel comes out (almost) with conroe...... and i only have enough for an AMD..... so i'm still buyin an AMD

Well, yes, there was a flaw in my logic, agreed. But I DO know whats been going on.

@ Meefle - Yea, MAYBE that'll happen, but don't say that to anyone important. Its still wishful thinking as AMD has put out nothing to the contrary (infact, all my K8L info is from the past few weeks, AMD has known about Conroe for a year).

@ Maouster - 15 years and the knowledge of a newt? Waste of time, IMO.

Does it make a difference how long I've been into computers? If I hadn't told you, you'd still probably be saying, "Oh My God, I bow down to your imperial technical prowess." The fact remains, your knowledge about computers is nothing compared to even the rookiest member of this forum.

Maybe I should point something out that nobody else have either thought about, or are afraid of saying GR. Being obsessed about reading reviews of a CPU that is yet to be released, spreading the opinion of other teeneagers on other forums onto this forum (while bashing the teenage members on this one), and basically going against 90% of members here (even the ones you admit know something), does NOT mean your "technical prowess" is superior to anyone's here. It means you're counting your chickens, son. What you know or do not know about computers is beside the point, that isn't exactly your problem here. Your problem is that you basically come here every day, and give the same answers to any question or comment over and over. You've propably got your whole "argument" for Conroe saved in a text file on your desktop, which you just scroll through and copy-n-paste at the relevant part of a thread. Nobody here is against Conroe. C'mon guys, show of hands, who believes Conroe is the D3vil? You're fighting against people who believe the same thing as you, that Conroe will rock when it is released. Till then, AMD still rules. Is it really that hard for narrow, little mind of yours to comprehend? I said it yesterday, you are not helping anyone by being the way you are.

To prove my point, read the title of this thread. Is he asking about Conroe? Is he asking if he should wait 2 weeks? Or is there a chance that he knows about Conroe, and is still building a AMD system, because that is what he can afford now?

My God...I don't even know what to say to you people anymore. This is getting freakin ridiculous.

I have no interest in talking to someone who can't grasp my basic point, has a freakin distorted version of reality, and twists my words.

There is a new AM2 thread. This time, with final, released benchmarks. Lets see where this goes.

EDIT: Although thats not a bad idea about the WORD file. Would save me a lot of time.

I don't get why we have to fight. AMD releases new socket. AMD's $1000ish chip on the new socket is fairly close in speed to Intel's $500ish chip on their new socket. Confusion is wheeeere?

ehh idk if i would go so far as to say it could handle the fx-62

lets remember you cant compare clockspeeds on different chips because amd and intel have different amount of work done per clock

so uhh be carefull in hasty assumptions GR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom