AMD Build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am hoping to build a PC soon, but i am only going to have about $300. So any help you can offer would be great. Here is what I am thinking so far.

Mother board:
GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor

AMD 4800

AMD 3800

Will I notice a huge difference in these ?

Memory

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

A-DATA Extreme Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

Whats the major difference in these?

Video Card

I'm not sure which Video card I will need. I just want to play Battlefield 2142, Call of Duty 4- and similar demanding graphics cards. I would like this be a budget item.

Finally.. the PSU, I am not well versed in PSU's so what will i need to run this ?

i think thats going to come in over $300 for what you want to do
Rosewill makes great budget PSU's
i'm trying to figure out how to fit a 2900gt in there

idk.. i haven't recieved anything yet.. but i still have to get a PSU and a Board..

I must say that i am slightly disheartened by PSU prices. The cost seems so ridiculous.

Also, what about those processor will i notice that much of a difference in the performance between a 3800 and 4800 ??

major difference: one is on the Brisbane core the other is the Windsor core.. the Brisbane is overall better because it runs cooler consumes less power and overclock way better, but i believe that the x2 3600+ Brisbane and the x2 4000+ can be bought at the same price of that x2 3800+ Windsor.. and those hit the stock speed of the 4800+ easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom