AMD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks, i think I'm gonna stick with 2 sets. They are fiarly cheap for their performance and I'm sure if i buy now i wont need to a few years down the road.

Anyone have any experience with 6 Gbp/s Western Digitals? Can you discern any difference in performance over the 3 Gbp/s, or are we talking mere seconds in Read and Write rates?

Hey i also am looking at cpu coolers, and im having trouble finding a decent one. Space isnt an issue, i have room for a Megahalem. In a perfect world i want to go water cooled, but i dont know how effective the sub $150 systems are. Newegg has limited prebuilt systems and ive never pieced one together (radiator, tubing, blocks, etc.). So if anyone has any suggestions?

I doubt there is much of a difference between a 3gbp/s and 6gbp/s non SSD drive. I don't have anything to back that up but I've read reviews between 3 and 6 gbp/s SSD drives and theres wasn't a huge difference.

The Corsair H50 is a greater cooler. It's a closed system water cooler. If you'd rather not spend that much I like The Dark Knight.

a proper water loop will cost $300 or more.

i have the H50 and it does a pretty decent job, but you can not compare it to real water loops, but if you compare it to air cooler that are in its same price range it beats them. i think the Noctua NH-D14 will beat it. slaymate has some True copper CPU coolers in the for sale section that would beat a H50.

The coolers I have for sale are just regular TRUE's, not the Copper version (I'm using it). I should have a Prolimatech Megahalems to test out next week.

Hey i also am looking at cpu coolers, and im having trouble finding a decent one. Space isnt an issue, i have room for a Megahalem. In a perfect world i want to go water cooled, but i dont know how effective the sub $150 systems are. Newegg has limited prebuilt systems and ive never pieced one together (radiator, tubing, blocks, etc.). So if anyone has any suggestions?

The Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme is a good cooler that actually outperforms the Megahalem.

Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Magnetic Fluid Dynamic LED Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink Rev.1 with TX-3 & 1156 Brackets

I would also pick up some TX-2 thermal paste to go with it since the included TX-3 isn't very good.

Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound

So im caught between the Noctua NH-D14 and the Tuniq Tower 120 EX. Both are solid and got great reviews. Im leaning towards the Noctua cause im reading that its an easy install for AMD boards. (and if anyone here has installed the stock coolers from intel :dead: in the past...an easy cpu cooler install sounds real good) But my only reservation is that the Noctua is slightly off putting with the vomit colored fans, i mean i suppose i can always paint them black? Your thoughts guys?

i would defiantly go with the Noctua, and get new fans, if you dont like the fans it comes with you cna always get new ones. you could even get LED fans :O. then take the fans that came with the Noctua and sell them to compensate for the price of the new fans ;)

Alright two questions:

1. Since im running an AMD cpu i would go right to ATI, but i dig nVidias GTX series cards. Should i stick with the GeForce or compatability wise would it make no difference?

2. As far as monitors go, i was thinking about picking up a smaller (32") 120Hz LED TV. Now i know that "computer" monitors are much better suited for computing than an actual TV, but what kinds of problems would i face with the TV vs. the monitors made for PC's?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom