amd athlon x2 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
im considering building a new pc, because my one is not good any more. im considering the amd athlon x2 3800, what you guys think of the 3800, is it a good choice

Well, it depends on what you use the computer for. If it is mostly a gaming PC, then there really is no need for an X2. Dual cores perform no better on games than single cored CPUs do (that is, until multi-core supporting games come out).

If you do a lot of multitasking (ie: burning a cd, while photoshopping) then a dual core might be worthwhile.

A good way to check if it is a good choice for you, check out benchmarks to see how each CPU performs on websites like www.tomshardware.com www.xbitlabs.com www.anandtech.com

The X2 3800+ is a nice chip, and for the money, it beats anything Intel can throw at it. If you need a system now with that power- it's an excellent choice.

Anyone know what games, and when they'll be out that'll support the X2? I was thinking about getting this same chip, for a gaming machine.

if it were me, i would wait. and save moeny for at least a 4400 with a toledo core. i mean if your going big you might as well go big"er". and plus in about a year, when dual core support are in games, the 3800 will be in the dust

sickness said:
Anyone know what games, and when they'll be out that'll support the X2? I was thinking about getting this same chip, for a gaming machine.

FEAR will support dual core's, as well as some stupid MMORPG or RPG or RTS crap that's coming out.

So fall 2005 we shall see FEAR come out, according to schedule.

someone told me that AMD are making new dual core chips coming out mid next year is that right? * is fear taking advantage of the full dual core support, or just a little more then any other game*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom