AMD Athlon 64 X2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
are these any good at all? im thinking of buying a system that conatains this and wondering if it will be any good for gameing surfing and multi tasking?

allso what is ubuntu? can anyone tell me

I don't know what ubuntu is, but they are decent cpus. I've got one and it does what I need it to. I play bf2, m2tw, ut3, starcraft, and stronghold on it. Intel's chipsets are better, but for the cheap prize, they aren't bad at all.

The currently available Athlon x2s are old technology. AMD has yet to release dual cores based on their new technology. If you want a dual core AMD chip wait for that, if not there are many newer and better options from both sides.

Ubuntu is an Operating system just like Microsoft windows, except it is free and it is part of the Linux family of operating systems. If you want to know more about Ubuntu then post in the Linux section.

zmatt said:
The currently available Athlon x2s are old technology. AMD has yet to release dual cores based on their new technology. If you want a dual core AMD chip wait for that, if not there are many newer and better options from both sides.
Good advice there. AMD will soon be releasing a dual-core version of the Phenom II that will have 6MB cache in it. It looks to be a great chip.

You can't afford a decent computer with that budget let alone your cpu and motherboard. You need 400 pounds at the minimum to make a complete build. Someone who lives in the UK could give more accurate numbers than I. I'm just converting.

You can't afford a decent computer with that budget let alone your cpu and motherboard. You need 400 pounds at the minimum to make a complete build. Someone who lives in the UK could give more accurate numbers than I. I'm just converting.

Your conversion is about accurate. 400 pounds is like 720 dollars. The only issue is, that prices are a bit jacked up in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom