which amd athlon 64 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I m not denying they can get at least 3.4ghz. I m just claiming that similar 65nm Brisbanes are able to attain 3.4ghz as well. While they are newer tech and are able to reach the same overclocks with less heat.
A lot of them do (usually black edition models, with a good motherboard)
Though Windsors tend to be slightly faster, with more L2 cache, and slightly lower cache latencies.

Apokalipse is right.

If i had the choice i'd buy the Windsor core.

My brisbane 5400+ black edition is 100% stable at 3.6ghz

BUT!! it requires 1.6v

And i just dont have the cooling required to cool it down enough for me to run at that speed.

Perhaps the windsor will do the same? perhaps more?, its hard to tell unless you buy both.

But it should be similar, and the Windsor ha 2x1mb cache, So at 3.0ghz windsor / 3.0ghz brisbane the Windsor will outrun it slightly (maybe a good bit of difference in superpi)

my 2cp

*not to mention the Brisbane has a shoddy Temp Diode..

The temps will read 0-20c.. which most of the time is below ambient temperature (which is impossible)

Thats annoying for an overclocker, to say the least, because im not 100% sure how hot my processor is.

SuperPI would tend to favor the 90nm Windsor over the Brisbane. Seeing as how its 2MB of L2 Cache instead of 1MB. Since SuperPI is a bandwidth whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom