AMD and AM2 future

Status
Not open for further replies.
While everyone is flipping out w/ conroe and such... I'm buying a cheap AM2 proc and waiting till the 65nm chips are out :)

Ive got the same thing in my mind. That X2 4000 looks real nice on my wallet and will be just as good as a FX once I OC it.

Jag28 said:
Ive got the same thing in my mind. That X2 4000 looks real nice on my wallet and will be just as good as a FX once I OC it.

Ya I just got the 4800+ and I am really happy with it... and probably, once they come out with the conroe, AMD will make an even better socket 939 proc.

Although... I just read an article where it said that the new Intel dual core processors will cost just under $100.

ya never know...

...wait...it says that AMD will become a little better...but....still not compare with Conroe til maybe K8L. ,..so what are you guys talkin about

wasnt the inquirer the one that posted that weird article about the the fx-62 coming to 939?

o well, its feel kindve weird that amd wuld let intel have such as advantage this great. really counting of them to pull through again.

Its not that AMD let Intel do anything. Intel just did it. Intel made a mistake with the P4 achitecture, now they've corrected it with the conroe architecture. Either way, it looks like AMD's only option will be to start upping the GHz on there current architecture to try to comepete with Intel in the immediate future.

By the way, a lot of analysts are predicting a price war between AMD and Intel, so look for a ton of price drops this year.

Yeah I heard about a price drop on AMD processors. Too lazy to find the article, but look through slashdot and it's pretty recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom