AMD A6-5400K + 4x HD 7970

Another thing, you guys think that 3x 7970 and a 6990 will be too much for the modular 1200 watt Corsair psu? Can't get model number, on phone waiting in snow at boxing day line

Another thing, you guys think that 3x 7970 and a 6990 will be too much for the modular 1200 watt Corsair psu? Can't get model number, on phone waiting in snow at boxing day line

If your going to be building a machine like that with a gpu and low end cpu.
You really don't need 1200 watts or am I mistaken here ?
Have a look at this please:
Canada Computers | Power Supplies | Antec HCG-750M High Current Gamer 750W 80PLUS Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply

Your cutting out about 100 bucks or so on a psu,
You wont need to do much except, defrag, cleanup the system and update it daily and use whatever app for mining.

if you still want 1200 watt I wont hold you back anymore, but I think its a stupid and costly mistake on your end.
Especially 4 or more rigs like it going on in a big office area or server room ?

Lastly I don't know what type of mining apps your using but i like for you to pm me a link so I can know what your dealing with here.

Have a good 2014.

Last edited:
He needs the PSU because 3 7970 class cards and a 6990 is 1200 watt worth of GPU right there hence the low end CPU. It's not being used much at all (sitting there) and it doesn't strain the PSU with extra power consumption.

Back
Top Bottom