AMD 5000+ Brisbane BE Mobo questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont care about Crysis stabilty since that seems to be the big benchmark nowadays.

The reason being that crysis is used for benchmarking is because the drivers out for it now SUCK and its so choppy. i assume that you've been around long enough to figure out how they can use this as a bench mark.

(comment above was what i heard from one of my techbuds from around here localy)

The reason being that crysis is used for benchmarking is because the drivers out for it now SUCK and its so choppy. i assume that you've been around long enough to figure out how they can use this as a bench mark.

(comment above was what i heard from one of my techbuds from around here localy)

actually i didnt care about crysis because ill probably never run anything like that in the near future as i stated before. thus im not spending much on this particular system and spending the real money on another system that will actually matter. thats the reason for the old X2 proc setup and not a quad.

if im buying a ferrari i could care less how it does off road:umm:

go spider platform and get the msi am2+ mobo, and get a ati 3850 card. ul oc the **** out of your 5000+be and the 3850 should handle what ever you toss at it, exept maybe crysis at high res.

Stock speeds yes..

but overclocking ability.. how about a "Heck no" the 5000+ BE comes with an Unlocked Multiplier and can overclock pretty easily because of the Brisbane Core which consumes less power and has lower temperatures; however the 6000+ is a very poor overclocker, 3.5ghz is hard to do on it with Water Cooling

im sure mine can reach 3.5GHz in air if i try lol; i am using the Tuniq n MX-2, n my CPU runs at 26 C average right now.

heck, im not going to OC it for a while because i want to sell this to my friend around March when the Phenom 9900 or Phenom FX-82.

im sure mine can reach 3.5GHz in air if i try lol; i am using the Tuniq n MX-2, n my CPU runs at 26 C average right now.

mmmmm...i might lay money on that. 3.5 is hard hard hard and the voltage requirements shoot the temps thru the roof.
not impossible. difficult to mantain stability and decent temps though, on air. probably still hard with water.
do-able, i suppose. the temp trade off vs performance from 3.35 and 3.6 for me is definitely not worth it. but it is nice to say, "look what i made this thing do".
O.P. i would consider the mobo that wildside has, though. phenom-proof is something that will be hit or miss with a regular am2 mobo. its only about 50 bucks more than the m2n-sli deluxe.
only bad side to that mobo IMO is that for more than one gfx card you have to use ATI. nvidia is supposedly getting ready to launch an SLI chipsets for am2+. so, depends on your preferrence of cards, really.

to nagasama:

i dont mind using ATI, actually a first choice but was going to jump some brand hedges on this build *if required*. rest of comments on that board below.

go spider platform and get the msi am2+ mobo, and get a ati 3850 card. ul oc the **** out of your 5000+be and the 3850 should handle what ever you toss at it, exept maybe crysis at high res.

good call on this one after a quick search. after looking at a few MSI boards i had actually discounted them due to arriving DOA, repetive failure to post among some other problems.

but this one is the one you speak of after some reading about the spider platform (never caught wind of that project)
Newegg.com - MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

this may have just came to first choice with a close buy now idea, but...

seems odd how some people are praising how much OC ability this one can handle, yet others are directly complaining about voltage ceiling for RAM, and several other specific points. aside from that, not one complaint, which is good. just makes you wonder who is right about this one.

all in all though, smokin board for the price :thumbup:

yeah i wouldn't worry too much about that voltage stuff on newegg. there are lots of people that rate their knowledge as high and write a review about something they a) dont understand b) dont know where to look.
i ASSURE you, that if that mobo didnt allow you to change voltages (and im almost positive it did), there is a bios flash that WILL allow you to do so.
lol @ the guy who cant figure out how to start up without hitting F1. xo xo xo...and then he blames the mobo. l. o. l. that is so easy it makes me cringe.

yeah i wouldn't worry too much about that voltage stuff on newegg. there are lots of people that rate their knowledge as high and write a review about something they a) dont understand b) dont know where to look.

i feel the same way on that topic sometimes, just wanted to see if i could get Wildside to chime in with his input since hes running the board currently.

honestly im about to pull out that magic plastic and get this thing going pending a few more days of solid research on a few more items. i think i should finish this thing in a month or 2, cause im not eating ramen to speed up the process...although i am selling one of my cars this weekend:happy:

guys heve been a good help on this subject though :super_happy: :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom