Amd 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

C1!m@t3

Baseband Member
Hey guys, sorry for posting all this stuff about processors, but im getting a new one and i really can't decide. As im using the computer for gaming, ive heard the 4000+ san diego core, will be better than a 4400+ (dual core).
I really have to watch how much money i spend, and itd be great if the 4000+ is better for gaming, because its alot cheaper, so therefore id be saving money :p ^^
Help Appreciated

Eh, this is a really fuzzy question at this point and time, no doubt each processor has its strengths and weaknesses

4000+ - 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache
4400+ - 2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache + 2.2GHz 1MB Cache

The 4000+ has more raw power because it can process a single thread faster than either of the 4400+ cores can, however that being said a 4400+ will be more efficent at handling two threads better considering each core can handle one at the same time, whereas the 4000+ can only process one thread per clock cycle

The 4000+ will perform better at games right now as games are single threaded, however IMO the 4400+ is a better choice...games are far less CPU dependant and very GPU dependant meaning that you won't see more than 5-10FPS at most between the 4000+ and 4400+, plus the 4400+ is ready for multiple threads and will respond better to multitasking

Hmm ok.... well, knowing that a dual core is a good choice, can we compare the 3800+ (dual core) and the 4000+
If i got the 3800+ instead of 4400+ itd save a load of money ^^
Thanks

3800+ - 2.0GHz 512KB L2 Cache + 2.0GHz 512KB L2 Cache

It's slightly less powerful than the 4400+ and would perform roughly the same as a 3200+ in single threaded applications...however it's a very powerful processor for a good price IMO

If you are looking for the price/performance multicore processor I suggest you look into the Opteron 165...performs roughly the same as the 3800+ and should market cheaper

165 are harder than hell to find though.. arent they? since they stopped making them...

They haven't stopped making them...AMD has been having problems with the fabrication process of the Opterons...combine that with their current huge demand and popularity and you have them out of stock or very hard to find

ETA is mid January I believe at which time he should see a steady supply of them again, however they may have prices bumped up. I see ncix still has retail 165 for $398CDN yet monarch is selling OEMs for for $352USD so the 3800+ is actually cheaper I suppose due to supply and demand...at least in the States =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom